Calorie/Macro intake review please

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
I know I will loose weight, we all do during elk season. But do y'all think this caloric intake with supplements of BCAAs will be able to maintain energy levels?

Current build as of right now is 253lbs and 6'2" and probably will be around 240lbs before I leave September 11th for my 10 day elk hunt.
This is a 10 day backcountry hunt with probably the 4th or 5th day making a trip back to the truck to resupply. Camp is at an altitude of 10,400 feet with the majority of elk being above this elevation all the way to on top of the ridge which is around 12,500 feet.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Attachments

• Elk Nutrition.jpg
    Elk Nutrition.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 52

jp0212

FNG
Overall your macro and Calorie intake looks pretty good, but honestly you might be a little high on overall calories. Plugging all your numbers into a spreadsheet I use to calculate caloric intake requirements I got your estimated RMR at roughly 2,100 Calories. I had to assume you are 35 years old, and used the 240 lbs and 6'2". If you multiply that by an activity level of 1.9, which is the multiplication value you want to use for "Hard Daily Exercise or a Physical Job), it puts your caloric intake at about 4,000 Calories. Physical job would be something similar to a carpenter or Iron Worker doing strenuous work every day. If you think you will be hitting the hills that hard chasing the bugles, you are probably good. I might recommend going a little higher with protein and reducing carbs slightly, but since you are taking in amino acids to assist with muscle repair, you are probably good to go. If you would like access to the spreadsheet I use let me know. Overall I would leave it as is and base the daily intake on how you feel. Definitely try hard to resist all the Keto stuff that is about to be thrown at you. :ROFLMAO:

OP
B

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Overall your macro and Calorie intake looks pretty good, but honestly you might be a little high on overall calories. Plugging all your numbers into a spreadsheet I use to calculate caloric intake requirements I got your estimated RMR at roughly 2,100 Calories. I had to assume you are 35 years old, and used the 240 lbs and 6'2". If you multiply that by an activity level of 1.9, which is the multiplication value you want to use for "Hard Daily Exercise or a Physical Job), it puts your caloric intake at about 4,000 Calories. Physical job would be something similar to a carpenter or Iron Worker doing strenuous work every day. If you think you will be hitting the hills that hard chasing the bugles, you are probably good. I might recommend going a little higher with protein and reducing carbs slightly, but since you are taking in amino acids to assist with muscle repair, you are probably good to go. If you would like access to the spreadsheet I use let me know. Overall I would leave it as is and base the daily intake on how you feel. Definitely try hard to resist all the Keto stuff that is about to be thrown at you. :ROFLMAO:
I appreciate the response. I probably should've included my age in there but I am 26 years old. Granted I am coming from sea level so I have no idea how much calories my body will burn at the higher altitude. It's been years since I lived in Colorado so it's hard to me to figure that out. But yes sir if you don't mind I would love to have access to that spreadsheet.

Ac338

WKR
Do you know how much a days worth of food is going to weigh? Just curious what weight your at with the 4000 calories.

I’ve used this body weight x12 for total calories. If you break it down macro you do body weight in grams for protein 30% fats and the rest carbs.

jp0212

FNG
I appreciate the response. I probably should've included my age in there but I am 26 years old. Granted I am coming from sea level so I have no idea how much calories my body will burn at the higher altitude. It's been years since I lived in Colorado so it's hard to me to figure that out. But yes sir if you don't mind I would love to have access to that spreadsheet.
Hey there, very sorry for the delay in getting back to. Below is a link to one of my blog posts, and the link to download the spreadsheet is about halfway down. The blog post explains how to use the spreadsheet, and I would love to hear any feedback you may have. Also, feel free to hit me up if you have any questions at all.

http://huntthemountain.com/setup-a-proper-meal-plan-part-2/

OP
B

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Do you know how much a days worth of food is going to weigh? Just curious what weight your at with the 4000 calories.
I'm sorry no I haven't calculated the weight but when I finally get everything said and done I will weigh it and post and update on this thread.

I’ve used this body weight x12 for total calories. If you break it down macro you do body weight in grams for protein 30% fats and the rest carbs.
I appreciate that I might have to try that model

Hey there, very sorry for the delay in getting back to. Below is a link to one of my blog posts, and the link to download the spreadsheet is about halfway down. The blog post explains how to use the spreadsheet, and I would love to hear any feedback you may have. Also, feel free to hit me up if you have any questions at all.

http://huntthemountain.com/setup-a-proper-meal-plan-part-2/

It's okay we all get busy, and thank you so much for the link. When I get time I will give it a read. If I have some feedback after season (September 13th-24th for me) I will send you a PM. Thank you again.