Cam Hanes

Not much to figure out…on the outside, just another industry shill.

Probably a good dude, and athletically gifted…but nothing overly special in my opinion.

Scoot

WKR
A dude who works super hard, is in amazing shape, is an accomplished hunter/hiker/backpack hunter type, and who makes a living (in part) selling a product. Some of his stuff is over the top IMO (again, he's got something to sell/advertise), but I think I'd like him if I sat down and drank a beer with him. He's super positive and super encouraging... I love that! I hope he has continued success in all he does.

You're going to get all kinds of responses to this. He seems to have a somewhat polarizing effect on people. You'll get "he's awesome" and "he sucks" and all other kinds of replies.

Fatcamp

WKR
He has a lot of fans. Must be doing something right. Not really my thing, but his endurance work and lifestyle pace is pretty incredible.

Rob5589

WKR
I met him at the Sacramento ISE probably 20+ years ago and purchased his blacktail hunting book he had recently released. Super friendly, totally willing to talk about areas that were quality hunts (in Oregon), seemed very appreciative of the book purchase.

ODB

WKR
I met him at the Sacramento ISE probably 20+ years ago and purchased his blacktail hunting book he had recently released. Super friendly, totally willing to talk about areas that were quality hunts (in Oregon), seemed very appreciative of the book purchase.

exactly how I remember him in 2003 when the book came out. Also met him a few times before that when he was passing through. Seemed a good guy.

All that body beating he does running and lifting will take its toll. I hope he has a good retirement plan that doesn't include physical activity.
Never met him
Don't know him
Like his enthusiasm to get after it.

A bit biased as an adult onset hunter of sorts that was partially influenced by Hanes...

the dude holds down a 40-hour a week job as a materials buyer for a local municipality, hunts his ass off, does the social media thing, lifts like an 80s action star and runs like Forrest Gump on crack. His message is generally positive and upbeat. Oh, BTW he is a badass archer.

What the hell is not to like?

oh yeah, he does product endorsements…wakey, wakey, eggs and bacey! Have you watched an NFL game? NBA? NHL? NASCAR race? News flash:Sponsors fund athletics and media in almost every form At some level. Even the stuff you pay a subscription for like Netflix and HBO, or did you just think it was magic that Tony soprano gave his wife a Porsche Cayenne for no reason at all and happened to mention the trim package and engine size for no reason either. Take a look at this page. There are a half dozen banner ads, including one that is probably under the text of this post or the one above it or below it.

so color me a fan of Cam Hanes. Now he is no damn sexual 🦖🦖🦖 like @Aron Snyder, But Cam seems like a good dude that somehow finds a way to do more shit than just about anyone I know of and still hunts more than me.

FWIW- I respect his athleticism and perseverance and drive.

I don’t know him or follow him. I’ve never purchased any of his books or merchandise

I don’t have a Cam Hanes poster.

Not buying one...

Not interested in trying to pick him apart either.