Cam Hanes

Cam needs to hunt something other private guided elk (and 1 grizzly and 1 sheep and texas ranch WT)

Lets see some diy dall/stone sheep, antelope, moose, caribou.

Looking at his home gym with that many elk mounts it looks boring as hell. I'd say his taxidermist is the real winner
According to his book he has done over 30 trips to Alaska. With that said you aren’t going to find Any DIY sheep or griz hunts by an OR guy in Alaska

I think the thread is proof people have a very narrow vision of peoples history. They only see yesterday and today and could careless about last year much less the decades of hunting he did before he was writing articles, working at eastmans or even before his name ever hit YouTube.

His new book is pretty interesting, he doesn’t hold back on costs, endorsements, etc. He puts them out and on the table

He has kept his nose clean and into days age, I can respect that.

My mind there is a lot easier ways to make money and support a family but to each one’s own.

Book isn’t my cup of tea but it’s interesting nonetheless

OR Archer

WKR
According to his book he has done over 30 trips to Alaska. With that said you aren’t going to find Any DIY sheep or griz hunts by an OR guy in Alaska

I think the thread is proof people have a very narrow vision of peoples history. They only see yesterday and today and could careless about last year much less the decades of hunting he did before he was writing articles, working at eastmans or even before his name ever hit YouTube.

His new book is pretty interesting, he doesn’t hold back on costs, endorsements, etc. He puts them out and on the table

He has kept his nose clean and into days age, I can respect that.

My mind there is a lot easier ways to make money and support a family but to each one’s own.

Book isn’t my cup of tea but it’s interesting nonetheless
I’ve known Cam for a lot of years now. He was doing backpack hunts solo before it was the “in” thing to do and putting animals on the ground consistently. He still hunts public land every year in Oregon for blacktail and takes some great mature animals. He’s put in the work to be where he is today. People are hypocritical to think they wouldn’t do those hunts if they had the opportunity to. We all would and we’d love every second of it.

I’ve known Cam for a lot of years now. He was doing backpack hunts solo before it was the “in” thing to do and putting animals on the ground consistently. He still hunts public land every year in Oregon for blacktail and takes some great mature animals. He’s put in the work to be where he is today. People are hypocritical to think they wouldn’t do those hunts if they had the opportunity to. We all would and we’d love every second of it.
I believe it, I don’t doubt his story one bit. I bet his book is 100% true to a T.

If my employer told me I was going to San Carlos to hunt, why would ANYONE say no. You wouldn’t. Why would anyone change their schedule to go hunt an OTC tag over that Tag, you wouldn’t. I’ll give him credit he didn’t lie about tag cost or expectations behind those tags.

Autobiography’s don’t really resonate with me but I respect his honesty, I think the book is really him. It’s a deep dive of the whys behind him.

Worth what I paid for it on Audible.