Cam Lean

Need opinions on this. Seems like a derail waiting to happen. Cable slide is in the 6 o’clock position. What can I do?

Rob5589

WKR
A pic of the cam itself would be helpful. Generally, I like to have the cam/idler wheel perfectly square/straight at full draw.

OP
ndbwhunter
Center shot was 1/16” off of 13/16”. Looks a lot better but I’m still a little concerned about the amount of cam lean. All I did was replace strings and cable guard. Never noticed the cam lean before, but also never paid any attention to it. Should I not be concerned about it?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Mine is about like that at rest.......except to the inside. It's the only way it will tune. Have no idea where it's at at full draw. This is from 25 yards........still fine tuning it though. Haven't settled on the timing I want yet. As you can see, I've been doing a lot of edge shooting with this tuning, more so than normal. But this target face is over 5 years old. Probably 50k+ arrows shot at it.100_4115.JPG100_4113.JPG

Last edited:

Jbehredt

WKR
I tried to tune the limb twist out of an elite once by shimming the cams way over. Got it to line up square at full draw and had bare shafts missing the target at 20 yards. Had to put the lean back in for the thing to shoot. You’ll be fine. Nature of the beast.

Rob5589

WKR
The cam pic looks like the string is being drawn and torqued over. Looks like the cam is pretty darn straight. If you replaced the cable guard that could be an issue as well. Bottom line, if it is shooting well, it is shooting well. My two bows have virtually no lean, the other guys above needed some. Different bows tune in different ways.

You adjusted center shot and it went from being tail right and low to tail left and low. Assuming you have your cams hitting the same time after new strings are installed.

I would move cable slide rod to 9 or 10 o'clock.

This will put a little more load on the cables and should effect the left and right. If does not make huge impact i would move rest a little out side. I would also move the rest down a hair(or if contact with riser starts slapping move d loop up.) You can also play with nock indexing and see if it has any effect. If arrows are already fletched try putting a different vane up if bare shaft do a 90 degree rotation.

At the end of day a little left or right can be in shooters grip Binary track cams can be sensitive.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk