Camera attacks

We have a serious bear problem in NW PA. They get almost every camera that we hang (75+ a year) and they don’t always destroy them but they will bat them around. We use gloves and take every scent precaution so I know that isn’t causing the issue. My theory is they can hear the IR emitted and it irritates them. What do you guys think?

The only bears that mess with my cams (and buddy's cams) are cubs. Adult bears are there for one thing and that's the food. Albeit I'm in Alaska and the bears are pretty ravenous in the spring.

VernAK

WKR
Plastics emit odor that interests bears. If we leave out ATVs and walk to our bait stand, we often come back to an ATV with trashed seat.

Yup! Bear boxes are the only solution. I’ve tried everything. Most IR cameras still flash red when taking a pic and I think that’s what gets their attention also.

We run a lot of cameras for research and hunting, and have pretty good luck mounting the cameras high and angling them down. Bears mess with them much less when they are 6’ off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lang

Lil-Rokslider
We do the same and haven't lost a camera since. When they were lower we would loose cameras every bait site.

Use ladder to hang them high on a tree that's too small for them to climb. If you got to put it low. Make sure it's loose on tree. They will probably just slap it around tree. We always loose a few every year

We use 11 cell cameras and couple dozen regular trail camera and really don't that many false picture from the wind. It works for us

Well, just got home from alaska to find a bear mauled the absolute shit out of one of my 3d targets, pulled another down bending the stakes, and flipped over my block target. didnt chew any of my cams though, despite walking past 2 of them. mustve tuckered himself out destroying that target.

Cb750

FNG
I realize this is an older thread but I don't think my question needs a whole new one. I was just given a couple trail cameras. They are older but were never used. They flash white, and its bright! I'm prepping for my first DIY fall bear hunt and wanted to use them.

Will the white flash spook bears off the site?