Camera bags

Just curious what you guys use to pack your DSLR or mirrorless cameras and lenses and mics. I would be putting it into my frame pack and packing in and trying to cut down on the bulk. Also, something to use for travel on vacation that I can pack down small. Would be a camera, 24-105 lens, shotgun mic, extra batteries.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll put my camera in a wrap typed soft case. Not really a case, but just a soft wrap to help with some banging around. Then throw it in my pack with clothing around it, or try to put clothing around it. Cameras are pretty tough and will take some abuse. For wireless mics I put them in a chamber pocket. For shotgun mics I just put them in the lid if they aren't on the camera. For lenses I have the same little soft wraps for them.

RCL

WKR
Like Jordan, I use a wrap made by Domke. I believe it is about 18 or 19" square with Velcro on the corners. Works well in my pack with soft items surrounding it.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Kinesis Photo Gear makes some nice lens & accessory cases, that I've found work well.

Jimss

WKR
I found the hard way that it's well worth it to put my camera and camcorder gear inside a dry bag. I generally want my photography gear in an area in my pack where I have quick and easy access to it or I don't tend to use it as much. This is usually the guide lid on my larger Kifaru pack or the top pouch in my daypack. I sometimes carry it on my tripod once I get close to game I want to film.