Camera for Photo and Video - DSLR vs Mirrorless

Fuji's are fantastic cameras. Ideal for scenic and portrait. OK for wildlife, but not fast moving wildlife. I agree with the film profiles. We sell a lot of them

Shindo

FNG
Don't forget to consider the newly announced Panasonic Lumix S5. Definitely more of a video dedicated mirrorless (ships with v-log out of the box), but it is Full Frame and will use the L Mount which includes Panasonic, Sigma and Leica lenses. The Leica glass will be hard to beat (and afford).

I’m in the same boat. Trying to budget 2k for a frame and 2k for a larger lens 400-800mm range. Will also need a landscape lens. Are the name brand lens worth it? My old DSLR is probably 15+ years old at this point. Looking for good weather proofing and 0 degree F performance.

OP
N

northman

FNG
I’m in the same boat. Trying to budget 2k for a frame and 2k for a larger lens 400-800mm range. Will also need a landscape lens. Are the name brand lens worth it? My old DSLR is probably 15+ years old at this point. Looking for good weather proofing and 0 degree F performance.

Call Joel over at Camera Land NY. Tell him what you currently have, what you are looking for, and what you are wanting to spend, he will hook you up.

He set me up with a KILLER deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words.

Wrangler 13, right now there are some great deals going on, plus the extra Rokslide discount.I am in now thru 6:00 today, 7-6 tomorrow and 9-5:30 on Saturday
Joel
56-217-1000

Hey Folks,

Looking to make a camera purchase, camera will be used for a wide variety.

Mostly used for outdoor photography/wildlife shooting, and some videography in that aspect. Will also be doing some self-shot marketing photos and videos for my family's small business, COVID has put a pinch on the marketing budget and given us a reason to bring it in house.

The camera will be mine, however it will be company paid for, so the budget is setup by the boss (my old man). He likes the Nikon Z6 filmmakers package, which comes in around $4000. Any other suggestions for a camera/package in that price range? Mirrorless vs DSLR? Definitely something with good weather resistance, I'll be using it on hikes, hunts, fishing trips, etc.

The end results (photos and videos) will be used both personally and for digital marketing moving forward.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
I am a videographer by trade and I have two Z6 cameras. They are fantastic. I have a number of other bodies - d850, d7500, d500, and an astro-modified 610 but for video I strongly prefer the Z6. The other bodies all have their purposes but I also got a filmmaker's kit and would never go back. The biggest challenge in that kit is the Moza gimbal - the batteries are lousy and so is Moza's CS, big tit is a very smooth gimbal. The Rode mic is excellent and you willl get a lot of use out of the 24-70 but it is not weather sealed. I bought a shoulder mount and used the adapter with my 70-200 lens but that does get heavy in the mountains (the optics on that lens are superb though). I also have a 1.4 tele I can put on the lens, shoot in 4k, and then crop in if need be because I always export in 1080p. I hope that helps. I almost switched from Nikon for video but was so glad I did not when the Z6 came out.

I would 100% go Sony, their technology and user interface is so advanced and easy to use, not to mention 4K at 60fps is beautiful