Camera w/out removable lense

Pwells10

WKR
I’m no expert on cameras, so bare with me.

im about to be ready to purchase a new camera, I do like the functions of my buddy’s, I believe it’s a Nikon p1000. I think it’s extremely nice not having to switch lenses and still have great picture. But that camera is a damn brick.

Anything out there I should be aware of before I suck it up and go with one like his?

Pic from his I took this past elk season

Attachments

• 05F2558C-BF22-4463-BBB5-AB01FB626E2E.jpeg
    05F2558C-BF22-4463-BBB5-AB01FB626E2E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the Nikon P900 here which is the 1 step down from that Camera. Have not spent the 1k on the upgrade yet. Its a nice camera and you can shoot for miles but I would not consider it a hunting type rig that Id take out with me because of the size and weight. If your looking at doing wildlife filming your much better off doing a Digiscope setup with a Spotter that can server you mutliple purposes and get the same thing done. So if you already have and carry a spotter. Go get you a Novagrade and hook that to your phone or get a Sony rx100 to throw on the end of your Spotter.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
I have the Nikon P900 here which is the 1 step down from that Camera. Have not spent the 1k on the upgrade yet. Its a nice camera and you can shoot for miles but I would not consider it a hunting type rig that Id take out with me because of the size and weight. If your looking at doing wildlife filming your much better off doing a Digiscope setup with a Spotter that can server you mutliple purposes and get the same thing done. So if you already have and carry a spotter. Go get you a Novagrade and hook that to your phone or get a Sony rx100 to throw on the end of your Spotter.
We’ve got a good setup for our spotter for rifle hunting. I’m more thinking about archery elk hunting. Need something lighter. I really like the p1000 but man it’s heavy.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
You may want to chat with Doug over at Cameraland {gr8fuldoug) He can probably make some very good recommendations for you and what you want to accomplish. Hes a great resource.

Hi
Doug's brother Joel here. As Doug says all the time, he has not sold cameras since they took film. He runs sport optics, I run photo side of the business.
Happy to discuss with you
I am here today from now until 9:00, back at 10 until 5:30, tomorrow from 8:30-5:30

Call meat 516-217-1000