Camo or solids

Solids or camo

• Total voters

StickSlingers

Lil-Rokslider
It really doesn’t matter. We buy the highest end optics we can afford to find solid brown deer in a sage flat. Movement is everything. Most camo is too dark and you look like a black blob from anything more than 50ft away anyways If it’s on sale or used sure buy the camo. Other than that light tans, greens, greys, browns. Wear a different color top and bottom throw on a bino harness and a pack and boom your broken up! All these animals taken with at least half solids on.
IMG_0005.JPGIMG_0080.JPGD397772A-4651-4454-A577-B4EF6EF55881.jpgAdjustments.JPGIMG_3249.JPGAdjustments.JPG.Adjustments.JPG0EF49071-481C-411E-A38D-A9E1AEE42966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
M

Mossy

WKR
It really doesn’t matter. We buy the highest end optics we can afford to find solid brown deer in a sage flat. Movement is everything. Most camo is too dark and you look like a black blob from anything more than 50ft away anyways If it’s on sale or used sure buy the camo. Other than that light tans, greens, greys, browns. Wear a different color top and bottom throw on a bino harness and a pack and boom your broken up! All these animals taken with at least half solids on.
View attachment 126580View attachment 126579View attachment 126578View attachment 126577View attachment 126576View attachment 126575.View attachment 126582View attachment 126581

Love the pics and thanks for sharing. I have the same opinion on clothing but the poll question was more geared toward hunting packs.

StickSlingers

Lil-Rokslider
Love the pics and thanks for sharing. I have the same opinion on clothing but the poll question was more geared toward hunting packs.

Haha didn’t even notice what thread it was in same point different item i suppose. I like solid packs I’ve gotten some camo accessories. But overall i think solid packs are easier to resell, more versatile when not being used for hunting.

Rich M

WKR
I'm not a fan of camo - prefer olive drab. That being said - it is difficult to get stuff in OD. If it was easier to do that's all I'd have - packs, hunting clothes, etc.

LostArra

WKR
I'm not a fan of solid brown packs during elk rifle or ml season unless it has plenty of orange on it or me.

Otherwise, the pack matters more than the color. I have both.

I wear camo on my upper body, face , and hands and usually solid pants. In my experience movement and smell are WAY more importent that camo but I believe camo helps some. My packs are all solid.

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
I've always thought camo for packs just to hide dirt and stains easier but resale seems difficult for camo packs. I'm also just not a fan of some of the camo pack companies use unfortunately and that makes it tougher

I buy whatever looks good to my eye. Camo isnt required for hunting, its just a way of showing we are hunters! I used to buy everything camo but after losing items like knives and gps units, I now prefer them in orange! My preferred camo is kuiu vias. To my eye, it looks attractive so I buy it! I hunt just as well with a red mac jacket!

Rokwiia

WKR
I have a SO pack in olive green. I bought a Talon and top lid in Cipher camo. I like the look of the combination BUT when using the pack to remove items or fill it, I find the pattern somewhat distracting to my eyes. I would not like the entire pack in Cipher.

Other folks may not have the same visual problem and I do like that when viewed from behind, the pack somewhat disappears. By using camo only on the accessories, I can easily revert back to olive green.

Trial153

WKR
Never once did I think that camo anything helped me. I cant see how anything printed on clothing works anyway differently, camo or soild..
The only camouflage that actually works is a gilly suit. Other than that wear anything you want its all the same

Last edited:

adaptablesurvival

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 126580View attachment 126579View attachment 126578View attachment 126577View attachment 126576View attachment 126575.View attachment 126582View attachment 126581

@StickSlingers man that bear shot is epic! Just curious what round is that AR chambered in? But I definitely agree with the two different colors/patterns for upper and lower. I've read a few articles online and this was something that makes sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

StickSlingers

Lil-Rokslider
@StickSlingers man that bear shot is epic! Just curious what round is that AR chambered in? But I definitely agree with the two different colors/patterns for upper and lower. I've read a few articles online and this was something that makes sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks man! 6.5 grendel killer round for a small framed AR