Camo vs black bows

What’s everyone choice? Black , Solid color or a camo patterned bow?

I have a ridge reaper camo bow now, kind of thinking about changing to a black bow.
I mostly tree stand hunt and spot and stalk a bit. Turkey as well.

the bow finish is not making difference in being seen by game correct

I’ve had both, but I like black now. Just because I like black and accessories are easy to match if your into that.

I don’t think it makes a difference as long as it’s a muted “natural” color and finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldGrayJB

WKR
My current bow is camo. I don't think it matters much. Over time the camo will start cracking on the limbs from flexing. I think that bothers some people. I've seen bows with camo risers and black limbs that looked really good.

What’s everyone choice? Black , Solid color or a camo patterned bow?

I have a ridge reaper camo bow now, kind of thinking about changing to a black bow.
I mostly tree stand hunt and spot and stalk a bit. Turkey as well.

the bow finish is not making difference in being seen by game correct

When I was at the pro shop talking to the owner, who is a very successful hunter, he said that he liked lighter colored camo or the lightest color possible because of the difference of what it looks like at distance. He walked across the street with an OD green bow and a gray bow and the green bow looked very pale and almost disappeared whereas the gravy bow looked black. He was saying that especially for Treestand hunting that having the lightest color bow possible is best so you aren’t creating a black line or shape that doesn’t belong.
Just an interesting thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoTikkas

WKR
My new VXR is black. Limbs and all. I love camo bows. The next one will be. I bought the 28" VXR for blind hunting. Blacked out pop ups in particular. Looking at a Traverse or maybe PSE Evo later this year. It's going to be camo.

brsnow

WKR
Many of the new generation hunters like to match and accessorize their hunting outfits. Those with the skill to tie camo into their neon bling for a truly popping outfit have a choice. If are challenged in your hunting fashion, black is neutral and goes with many of your accessories and outfits.

Rob5589

WKR
Not a fan of the all black. Camo is fine but I'd prefer something all tan.

Northpark

WKR
I personally like the look of all black. I kinda doubt it matters at all to critters. I really think that its a look thing. It looks good to me so that’s what I go with. Not really the guy that matches everything.

Black is cool. And I doubt it makes much difference but solid black things do stick out when out hunting. I prefer camo

TX_Diver

WKR
I killed an elk once with a camo bow. Last year I hunted with a tan bow and didn't kill anything...

This year I'm shooting a grey bow with blue strings. I'm hoping it's a more effective color combo!!!

I use camo on my western bow for spot and stalk but prefer all black or gray for everything else like whitetail stand hunting, ground blind hunting, and 3d. I do get a lil flashy with the indoor rig tho. This just made me realize I currently do not own an all black or gray bow.... wow have I changed. I used to have a bow for everything. 1 for turkey, 1 for whitetail, 1 for backup whitetail, 1 for fishing, 1 for elk, 1 for 3d, 1 for target, etc... cant afford all that now with a house payment and a very bad addiction to rifles!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
I use camo on my western bow for spot and stalk but prefer all black or gray for everything else like whitetail stand hunting, ground blind hunting, and 3d. I do get a lil flashy with the indoor rig tho. This just made me realize I currently do not own an all black or gray bow.... wow have I changed. I used to have a bow for everything. 1 for turkey, 1 for whitetail, 1 for backup whitetail, 1 for fishing, 1 for elk, 1 for 3d, 1 for target, etc... cant afford all that now with a house payment and a very bad addiction to rifles!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
What about a self defense bow? Haha

Wapiti1

WKR
Get camo just in case Biden gets in. He'll outlaw all black projectile shooting weapons in the first week.

All we'll be left with are double barrel shotguns and AR14's.

I went with the skullworks on my PSE. Not because I wanted that, but because it was the right price.

Jeremy

I hate to admit that I have worried more over the color or pattern of my bow than most any vehicle I have owned.

Don't know if that is saying much.