Camo vs Solids??

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Proprietary camo is weird to me. As a youth I thought Mossy Oak and Realtree was the shiznit. They are still great patterns. I've gone solids and not noticed a single difference in my hunts. I tend to use more camo for turkey but don't bother for bigger game. Wind management and movement are the real camo. Dudes did it naked for 14,000 years and now guys are all about a specific pattern. Trends and social media have made hunting a brand.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I definitely prefer solids but I wouldn’t pass on camo if on sale. Pants and rain gear would be my two biggest solid color items. Early season pants in solids just makes sense as they are probably getting used off season more than during season. Rain gear because I’m not in a rainy climate so again year round use makes more sense.

Color wise I like an ash brown or a sage green. Generally a lighter shade is best as most accessories (pack straps, holsters, etc) are dark which would break up the lighter shade clothing.

TSAMP

WKR
I like camo. It hides stains better.. That said I like the option. Soft shells don't get much use for me in camo. But the hardscrabble in solid would get me looking hard. Same with pants as many mention above.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Mostly wear camo right now but have been moving to more solids for versatility. Especially for colder weather gear not used as often.

Would love to see Skre offer more solids!

To add, I will never buy a camo pack.
I definitely prefer solids but I wouldn’t pass on camo if on sale. Pants and rain gear would be my two biggest solid color items. Early season pants in solids just makes sense as they are probably getting used off season more than during season. Rain gear because I’m not in a rainy climate so again year round use makes more sense.

Color wise I like an ash brown or a sage green. Generally a lighter shade is best as most accessories (pack straps, holsters, etc) are dark which would break up the lighter shade clothing.
I am in the same mindset.

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
My hunting clothes get bloody and stained. Camo helps hide the stains. I also turkey hunt, where camo is necessary. I have a mix of both solids and camo, but tend more towards camo.

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
Also, are solid colors becoming the new fashion statement in hunting? Growing up we always hunted in drab non-camo clothing because it’s what we had that was cheap. Seems like the fashion in hunting evolved over time from earth toned clothes and military type camo, to sticks n’ leaves type camo, to digital pattern camo, then to blotchy colors closer to military camo patterns again and now trending back to solid earth tones.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
We are close to launching several products in solid including our Hardscrabble Pant, Hardscrabble Jacket and Down Jacket.
The question is how many people hunt in solids vs camo?
Any solids that have the functionality to help you when hunting its always the first thing I consider. I do also take into consideration been able to use those for daily wear while hiking, camping, or just out in town.

We are close to launching several products in solid including our Hardscrabble Pant, Hardscrabble Jacket and Down Jacket.
I prefer solids because I came to the conclusion several years ago that camo is way over rated and unnecessary for most hunting.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Solids for pants. Whatever is weather appropriate up top.

I prefer solid pants. So much more versatile and the elk don’t care/see them. A camo top with good breakup and some face paint…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
All of my recent purchases have been solids. I still have a couple camo tops that I'll occasionally wear, but am moving away from them.