Camo

Looking to wear the sitka optifade ev2 pattern this year. Any luck?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It’s good. Blends in a lot better if leaves are off the trees and your stand is nice and high. Overall it’s just like any other camo, just limit your movement and you’ll be fine.

MinixJT

FNG
For tree stand camo it's really hard to beat, The bad part is that archery season is long, and that you have to get a lot of pieces to cover the temperature range IMO.

I use the Sitka sub alpine pattern for Spring turkey and early deer until the leaves fall off. Then switch to EVII

LostArra

WKR
I'm glad Oklahoma deer are not very sophisticated. Just about any camo works as long as you don't MOVE at the wrong time and have some back cover. I usually wear a hodge podge ranging from MO Treestand, to Sitka Open Country to Kuiu Vias but I seem to migrate back to a ASAT leafy jacket most of the time.

Personally I buy clothing that can be multi-purpose/multi-species. Not a fan of the all the lighter elements of the EV2 pattern. You can literally only where it in a treestand. No turkey hunting or waterfowl in that stuff. If you don't hunt other species or only hunt treestand, then it'll work just like all other camo.

I remember a scene from one of those dumb hunting shows, where someone arrow'd a deer in a santa clause suit!

Btaylor

WKR
Personally I buy clothing that can be multi-purpose/multi-species. Not a fan of the all the lighter elements of the EV2 pattern. You can literally only where it in a treestand. No turkey hunting or waterfowl in that stuff. If you don't hunt other species or only hunt treestand, then it'll work just like all other camo.

I remember a scene from one of those dumb hunting shows, where someone arrow'd a deer in a santa clause suit!
I have had exactly zero turkeys react to EVII. At least none of the over 2 dozen or so I have called in while wearing it reacted. I wondered if they would react when I first started turkey hunting in it but they just havent. Again I think it comes down to what others have said, movement at the wrong time is a much bigger deal than camo pattern.

I have had exactly zero turkeys react to EVII. At least none of the over 2 dozen or so I have called in while wearing it reacted. I wondered if they would react when I first started turkey hunting in it but they just havent. Again I think it comes down to what others have said, movement at the wrong time is a much bigger deal than camo pattern.

I definitely believe camo is more for the hunter and less for the prey. I'm just more confident in muted browns and greens so thats what I wear. All the deer, turkey, and ducks on my wall don't voice any complaints.

The one main negative with the fanatic series I've heard and could see is the fleece-like exterior picking up everything. Have you had any problems in that area sitting on the ground for turkeys?

Btaylor

WKR
I dont own any of the fanatic line. The guys I know that do have it complain about the world class bur magnetism of it though.

Codyk315

FNG
I love mine. I don't have any problems with things sticking to it, but I also don't wear it to the stand. I put it on once I get there. Its hot as hell walking in with it on. I would suggest that you have a good layering system to help manage body heat and sweat, otherwise you will end up just as cold.

Kalebcs

FNG
I have some of the Stratus stuff and really like it. The bibs are nice and wind proof. Then add whatever warm layers you need to make up the difference. I do spend some time in a darker pattern (subalpine) in early October.

I definatley agree with walking in with as minimal clothes on as possible. keep clothes scent free longer and not work up a sweat walking in. great gear