Camofire Heads Up-shipping insurance fee scammy

Bottom line is I am not paying to insure their end of the purchase. Until I am in possession of the product it’s not mine to insure. Your a sucker if you think otherwise.

That's why they give you the option to opt out, your risk. Once it leaves their facility, they've held up to their part of the transaction.

What the shipping company does and the porch pirates do is really not their problem.

Hope you get your money back based on somebody else's mishandling or theft. An insurance charge is what happens when too many crybaby customers always try to pin a shipping damage or theft on the supplier, then bawl and moan about "poor customer service" when they aren't willing to accept the misdeeds of others.

You're a sucker if you think a business will pay for the mistakes of others...

Last edited:
Reactions: WCB

bozeman

WKR
Some people must not get paid much/hour if they are willing to spend time trying to get a $1 charge removed……bend over a dollar to pick up a dime.

WCB

WKR
That's why they give you the option to opt out, your risk. Once it leaves their facility, they've held up to their part of the transaction.

What the shipping company does and the porch pirates do is really no their problem.

Hope you get your money back based on somebody else's mishandling or theft. An insurance charge is what happens when too many crybaby customers always try to pin a shipping damage or theft on the supplier, then bawl and moan about "poor customer service" when they aren't willing to accept the misdeeds of others.

You're a sucker if you think a business will pay for the mistakes of others...
100% agree with this and deal with it almost daily as part of my job. Once our product is in a 3rd parties hand it is now that 3rd parties responsibility to get it to where it needs to go and not be damaged or lost.

So guys don't want insurance built into the price so it isn't BUT you have the option of getting it insured and they opt out...then think the manufacturer or dealer should be responsible when 3rd party transport company fails to secure the load and it gets crushed or simply looses it or it gets stolen off their porch? Then at the same time will bitch when product price increases because "cost of quality" from the product service department went up because they are replacing product that was handed off and out of their control? But wait the company can't raise that price because guys don't want the price of insurance built in because the price will be too high?

Could go the Vortex route...no questions asked guarantee. Wait that cost is built into the product and you will more than likely need to use the warranty.

Also, I think it is fine/good the OP let people know then they can decide to opt out and save a $0.01.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Some people must not get paid much/hour if they are willing to spend time trying to get a $1 charge removed……bend over a dollar to pick up a dime.
You really think this is about 1$? Not everyone is as well off as you. Keep not worrying about little fees. We get it, you are loaded, could care less about a dollar. Move on, you've posted more in this thread, than the op.

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
Lots of companies doing that. The real scam here is they claimed they shipped your order in 8 hours. Based on my experience, they’d be closer to 8 days than 8 hours. Maybe it wasn’t a lie, but it probably was.

Lots of companies create the shipping label quickly and then ship later. I get annoyed to see “your item has shipped!” Only to follow tracking and see “waiting for pickup by carrier” for 4 days.

brunobear

FNG
Same thing happed to me. I emailed and they quickly cancelled the order and i had to replace.

Blackovis wants 61$ for shipping insurance for Swarovski binoculars. If I don’t get the insurance and package gets lost will my credit card company cancel the payment if I dispute it?

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
We ship enough packages we have our own reps for the shipping companies. I can guarantee that if a package is lost or broken while shipping it falls back on the party who shipped it and is up to them to dispute/prove the 3rd party shipper is responsible. A simple call to any credit card company will cause the charge to be returned for a undelivered package unless the seller can “prove” it was delivered and stolen. Good luck.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Blackovis wants 61$ for shipping insurance for Swarovski binoculars. If I don’t get the insurance and package gets lost will my credit card company cancel the payment if I dispute it?
You could always buy them from Cameraland who is also a forum sponsor on here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you paid for the insurance, and they failed to honor the insurance. THAT would be a scam.
That's UPS' modus operandi. "Oh, you didn't take it to a UPS store and have it properly packaged for shipment. Claim denied"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's not bums "bro", that's organized crime with the blessing of the government.
As someone who lives in Los Angeles, your not that far off base with the shit that they are allowed to get away with. Which is why for the time being I do not mind the insurance charge.

gaswamp

FNG
wish camofire offered free shipping at say $100. I have notice with shipping and tax sometimes the deals aint as good as you think

Agross

WKR
wish camofire offered free shipping at say $100. I have notice with shipping and tax sometimes the deals aint as good as you think
Sometimes it’s cheaper to get the same thing on blackovis because the free shipping and the rokslide discount if it can be applied I've noticed.