Camp Chef Woodwind Wifi 36 or Traeger Ironwood 885

khunter20

FNG
Torn between the two. Seems like buying pellet grills is such a pain because no matter what you're going to read bad things about a company. I like the fact that the CC gives me the ability to actually sear with sear box but from my understanding getting a grill grate for the Traeger gives it the ability to sear as well and it seems like the build quality is better with the ironwood. Any help, thoughts, opinions would be appreciated.

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
I'm of zero help to you. All I have is a pit boss classic that I received as a gift. My only complaint with it is it doesn't have a strong smoke flavor but I received it this weekend so maybe its me.

TSAMP

WKR
I'm of zero help to you. All I have is a pit boss classic that I received as a gift. My only complaint with it is it doesn't have a strong smoke flavor but I received it this weekend so maybe its me.

Nah i think its pellet grills in general. I need to buy a smoke tube accessory and see if that helps. As far as the OP. I like the powder coating on the treg. Seems like itd last longer. The searing i dont see as a big deal as i still have a gas grill to use for that. When i was looking for a PG i thought itd be my do all and id sell my gasser, it wasnt the case. Some nights your hungry and need to toss on burgers and youll be done on the gasser before pellet is up to temp.

Torn between the two. Seems like buying pellet grills is such a pain because no matter what you're going to read bad things about a company. I like the fact that the CC gives me the ability to actually sear with sear box but from my understanding getting a grill grate for the Traeger gives it the ability to sear as well and it seems like the build quality is better with the ironwood. Any help, thoughts, opinions would be appreciated.
We bought the green mountain wifi portable pellet stove and love it. Take it camping with us and use it at home as has plenty of room for big meats and ribs

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
My boss claims he uses a pellet smoker and it has awesome smoke flavor but out of the 3 meals I've tried so far there is hardly a hint of smoke. I'm using pit boss hickory pellets. I've tried baby back ribs, a whole chicken and tortillas. Tortillas had a hint of smoke flavor but that was it. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt country style ribs leaving them on the smoke setting for an hour then finishing off at 225 for 4 hours i sure hope this works. He won't divulge his secrets either.

Squirrels

WKR
Not sure how much help I can be. I have a pit boss and it works but build quality is junk. It’s rusting after only 15 months. A PG won’t replace a smoker. I’ve got a 40” master built smoker but I don’t use chips in it. I use an Amaz-n in it, I’m sold in that. I like a PG and my next one will be an American made high quality rig. Blazin Grill Works would be my choice at the moment.

blkqi

WKR
If you want to spend money like that on a pellet grill you should be looking at a Yoder or MAK.

HunterEng

FNG
I just went through the process...looked at 8 to 10 smoking grills. I got a yoder 480. Built like a tank. This was from ironwood 650 to blazing and Memphis Beale street grills. Yoder was priced in the middle and I think was one of the top built. I wouldn't go traeger....my spreadsheet had them rated the least when I was done, and I thought I was going to get an ironwood

Depends on how much you will be smoking. Personally I wouldn’t spend a ton of money on a smoker if your only going to use it every other month or only a few times a year. So Yoder was out for me for that reason. I went camp chef because Sportsman’s had a good sale on them plus I got additional discount. Worked great for me. Can control how much smoke also so you can get that good flavor. I did notice at Lowe’s there is some high heat tape or something like that you can put around the lid that creates a seal which would keep more smoke in as well. Not sure how well this stuff works but would also help regulate heat better I would imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEhunter

WKR
If you want to spend money like that on a pellet grill you should be looking at a Yoder or MAK.

Very nice pellet grills. I just bought a Yoder 640s a couple months ago. The build quality on the Yoder is outstanding and it works awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk