Camp Coffee

Chaplain

FNG
How is everyone making their coffee at camp (besides instant)?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kylerjay05

Lil-Rokslider
There are a couple company's that make a backpacking all in one drip coffee. Dark Timber is one of them. They're excellent

OP
C

Chaplain

FNG
Good old fashioned percolater on the fire, best coffee ever!
I like the good ol' fashioned percolator coffee next to a campfire, but don't like the weight of packing a percolator. Should of added in the original post. Light & good coffee for backpacking adventures.

HbDane

WKR
Grounds in a pot, rolling boil for 4 minutes. drink.......be careful when you get towards the bottom

I’ll probably get slammed for this one but Starbucks instant is the quickest and best I’ve found so far. Many years ago my camping buddy left with the cooler and from that point one it’s dehydrated food, instant coffee and water. If we want to get fancy we’ll go out and eat!

*zap*

WKR
cowboy coffee...water to a rolling boil and add coffee grounds...wait a bit/stir as you wait and then add a bit of cold water to take the grounds to the bottom.

Aero press or the tea bags with coffee in them. Ran a big percolator on the woodstove years back when we hunted with a bigger crew and set up wall tents; was some of the best coffee I've ever had. Really miss those camps.

Don't mind the Starbucks instant 1-dose-per-package, either.

I was using Folgers instant coffee bags until i got this gsi thing

da788f0cccdea6c4dbc01ccd5d5b5882.jpg

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
I make my camp coffee the same way I make it at home- paper filter, cone, boiling water straight into my thermos. No cream or sugar, just coffee. Last year I forgot my cone and just went without... I kinda like the GSI thing ^ where did you find that @Cant hit em ?

How hard is daily clean up with only bottled water??

Not bad its like a mesh-ish material the grounds Dont stick very well to it. Turn it inside out then poor a tad bit of water through the opposite direction and your good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Over the years I've tried a bunch while camping (cowboy, pour-over, bags, percolator, french press).......and none of it was very good. I've even tried some of the pour-overs at home and it's just not very good for whatever reason. To be honest, the best camp coffee I've had is the Starbucks Italian Roast Via's......so that's what I use. And they're also the least cumbersome, lightest weight, and no clean up. I always have some in my pack, my vehicles, and my camp supplies. That's all I use when traveling as well with my Jetboil.