Camp shoes

I know I felt the same way about the $50 price tag. And I know I paid retail...
but man they just caught me eye as wide comfy shoes and then when I picked
them up, they felt light as a feather.
So I slipped a pair on..... Oh My God, I was in love. I was sold...had to have.
Those who know me, would be popping off w/ Girly Man comments right now
but trust me, these things are COMFORTABLE!
Hunt'nFish

Last edited:

GoatNuts

FNG
View attachment 8622

I might catch some grief for this one, but for early (warm) season sitting around camp relaxing I prefer to wear flip flops. Not just any flip flops but the foam ones my lady gets at her nail salon. I always have her ask for an extra pair of extra larges. They weight absolutely next to nothing, last just long enough (gotta be a little gentle), but they are free.

Hardstalk

WKR
Yeah, but damn comfortable!

I wear them all the time! There great. I effed up and bought mine at a beach shop in venice. They were 95 bucks. I got home and looked em up on amazon and there 55-60 all day.

bobhunts

WKR
Gonna try Crocks as camp shoes in camp when I slip off my hip waders this year in Alaska. They weigh very little. Actually might start using them in Colorado as camp shoes. Bob.

bobhunts

WKR
Crocks for now ..but I will be using them in Alaska so I might have another opinion next year or later this fall. Only looking for something lightweight to wear in camp on a drop camp for moose. I would hate to wear hip waders the whole trip! Bob.

Merrel vapor gloves treated with silicon spray to keep the morning dew off. 12.8 oz for my size 13 dogs. Packed size is huge for me since every thing I wear is 60% larger than most people. The pair of takes up less space than a single croc and I don't get the intense urge to eat nuts and bark like I do wearing crocs.

ozyclint

WKR
i can't believe how many people are packing in a second set of footwear just for camp use. just way too heavy and bulky for me to even consider. on our new zealand hunts my buddy and i take these-

my mate mark pitts makes them. they are made from silnylon. on returning to camp we can take off our wet boots and socks, put dry socks on and then put the wet boots back on. often we just use the sil socks over our dry socks to get out of the tent to answer calls of nature. great for use under a floorless shelter.
they weigh 7/8oz or 26grams and pack to the size of a golf ball. PM mark on here or contact him through his website. search 'marksman quivers'.

stephen b

WKR
One thing that I have brought for solo bivy that is super light ( but not real durable) is those slip ons that are used when you go in for construction jobs or repairs etc. made to go over boots. After I built my house in '06 I had a whole box left over- mine are the plastic type ones and I punch some holes in the tops with a paper hole punch to have them let some air in and vapor out to be fairly breathable. They only go to just about to ankle. They are more "around the tent shoes" rather than full on camp shoes. Anyways, they are great over a pair wool socks that I usually always have anyways for a second pair or for sleeping when cold. The cover slip ons go on over those and gives your dogs a chance to relax; and they are even H2O resistant enough to walk around in damp wet grass. Only last about a trip or so, but are real cheap, and real light.

For base camp I have other true camp shoe options.

Last edited: