Camp shoes

jljmonky

FNG
Depends on the seaons, cool weather primaloft booties, warmer weather either a light flip flop of some kind, NB minimus or Vibram 5 fingers.

boom

WKR
camp shoes. means one thing to me no matter if i am backpacking miles in, or sleeping right next to my truck in a camper.

camp shoes need to be step in. no laces, no boots..no five fingers (are you kidding me?). i get to camp and kick off the boots and slip into the camp shoes. nighttime pee runs? slip in. sit at campfire, slip in. in and out of the tent..slip in.

i have heavy slip in's that i take camper hunting..lightweight backpack trips, i have a super light pair of those adidas plastic flipflop things..nothing between my toes. i call them "slaps".

i might have to give crocs a go..or those Native shoes.

2rocky

WKR
I bought crocs withthe idea that they would work for crossing streams in the summer, but the soles seemed slippery on rocks, and I keep getting pebbles in them between sole and shoe. The sweaty feet thing bugs me too.

Pull on VANS might be the ticket. I need to look at the outlet malls to see if there are a pair of closeout shoes that fit.

I'm still looking!.

boom

WKR
I bought crocs withthe idea that they would work for crossing streams in the summer, but the soles seemed slippery on rocks, and I keep getting pebbles in them between sole and shoe. The sweaty feet thing bugs me too.

Pull on VANS might be the ticket. I need to look at the outlet malls to see if there are a pair of closeout shoes that fit.

I'm still looking!.

good point..i think on my backpack trout trips, my pack is light enough i can afford to bring along some wading shoes. the kind that fly fishermen wear. i had a buddy that used his hiking boots..he was soaked and miserable. the entire time.

chindits

WKR
I am only in camp to sleep and eat so I don't need no stink'n camp shoes. I might bring 3 pairs of socks instead of 2 if it looks like a long one or a wet one. I usually keep one pair of socks for walking and one pair for sleeping. A third pair helps when I'm washing my socks on the go and it isn't dry enough for them to dry out in 12 hours. My boots or trail shoes are on my feet when I do water crossings. If I bring down booties, its for sleeping in real cold weather and not for flubbing around camp.

Coyboy

FNG
I know they are not the lightest option but I really like Merrel Mix Master 2. They pack down pretty small but not near as small as my Five Fingers. However, my Five Fingers are not my choice of camps shoes because they are hard on get on fast. Which is why I just ordered some of the Cushe M slippers today after reading this thread. The Clymb has them on sale. Hope they fit, I have not ever seen them or tried any on, which is one reason I dont like ordering online.

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Cushe slipper. Six ounces, comfortable, cheap, and not gay (see crocs).

Jon Boy

WKR
I wear moccasins and when it's really dry during archery season ill occasionally hunt in them when im slipping through timber looking for bedded elk.

charvey9

WKR
The cheapest, flimsiest pair of Walmart flip flops I can find. They may only last one hunt, but are super light. Go a size bigger and they can easily be worn with socks.

DeepMauka

Lil-Rokslider
2rocky, like the idea if slip in vans. They are like $25-$30 new. For hunting here, i just bring my slippahs (sandals). Weigh next to nothing and are like $5 in the store.nice way to air out da feet. Done plenty creek/stream crossing in them. Just gotta shuffle so they don't slip off. They fit nice on the drawstring of my kifaru pack. Think that drawstring was made for carrying them, haha

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Ive been wearing my imitation crocs at home,,,my wife hates them.. lol

New Balance MT10's with elastic laces -my camp and stalking shoes. Slip on and off easy with great traction and little weight.

Lawnboi

WKR
I wanna get another pair of inov 8 shoes for camp/ stalking shoes. One of their bare minimal shoes means all you have between your foot and the ground is sticky rubber sole. Their weights are also awsome.

Very minimal, very flexible and have a great ground feel. I have full on been drinking the minimal running Kool aid I'd for a while now.

I have not carried shoes like this before but I can see how they might help on a bow hunt. Stalking in stiff boots can be tough no mater how slow I walk. And last time I did a stalk in my socks I was picking festering cactus spikes out of my feet for the remainder of the hunt.

I would love to try vibrams as well, but having 2 webbed toes on each foot means that's a no go.

phil

FNG
Just picked up a pair of Mizuno Wave 5 runners. They are half the weight of my Inov-8, at 5.4 oz. a pair. Like them so far. phil