Camp shoes

DaveC

WKR
Camp shoes are not lightweight, by definition.

If you're hunting, you have shoes/boots. If you're sleeping, you need neither. If you're doing anything else on a hunting trip, it's not a lightweight trip.

I had boot issues and ended up wearing my merrel vapors for probably 1/2 of my Brooks range sheep hunt. I loved them! Surprisingly comfortable even on rocks. I actually harvested my first sheep this year wearing them. They literally saved my hunt.

trk3263

WKR
I had boot issues and ended up wearing my merrel vapors for probably 1/2 of my Brooks range sheep hunt. I loved them! Surprisingly comfortable even on rocks. I actually harvested my first sheep this year wearing them. They literally saved my hunt.

How are they putting on and off? I have thought about trying Croc's for the ease of on and off but I would prefer something more usable in the water or when just camping with the family. 5 Fingers are just a PIA to get on especially with wet or sweaty feet so I don't know why anyone would even consider them for back at camp. These seem like they fit the bill but are they easy to slip on and off. Are they regualr tie up laces?

I just tie the laces so that I can slip them on and off. I had zero issues since the fabric they are
made of is pretty thin and they didn't feel loose. They go on about like socks.

alukban

FNG
How about these ninja running shoes? :D

I wanna get these!

http://www.amazon.com/Vivobarefoot-Mens-Achilles-Running-Shoe/dp/B0078J10SM/ref=cts_sh_4_fbt

13948_mens-vivobarefoot-achilles_119_detail.jpg

How about these? Ultra light weight and super comfy. I wouldn't dream of heading up into the mountains without 'em.:)

Attachments

• 200016-08_Ladies_Jing_Jing_Dusky%20Pink_side_jpg{w=540,h=540}.jpg
    200016-08_Ladies_Jing_Jing_Dusky%20Pink_side_jpg{w=540,h=540}.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 70