Camp shower ideas

satchamo

WKR
Curious what you guys use for “camp shower” gonna live out of my truck this elk season and I was considering just taking a propane Turkey cooker and getting a battery powered pump/shower head so I just heat some water - drop the pump in and clean up. Taking a 15 lb tank and a soup pot isn’t the most convenient.

Used one of those “solar” hanging types last year and it was a piece of —— and September days aren’t warm enough to get that thing even remotely warm.

Curious to see what others are using or dojng? Not looking for a whole shower house - just a quick way to clean up every few days.

KHNC

WKR
We have used a solar shower last few years on september hunts. The one we used got plenty hot during the sunny afternoons. We use a shower tent as well. Worked great, although its not the easiest option im sure.

grfox92

WKR
solar shower, you can get them for like $15 dollars at Wal Mart.

Or

1 gallon tank sprayer, use a barb fitting to attach a kitchen sink sprayer. Heat some water with your camp stove. I like this option better as you can direct the water where you want it with minimal waste and you get water pressure.

Erict

WKR
You may want to read this over:

PJG

WKR
The Zodi shower systems are a complete POS in my opinion unless you are willing to heavily modify them, i.e. replace the pump, add quick connect connections to the inlet and outlet hoses...but for warm water that is much like a shower it sure is nice to have in camp.

ODB

WKR
I make my own like the old 5-gallon showers they use in Africa. Mix heated water to suit the temps and hang overhead. If you are careful you can get two showers from one bucket. Of course this isn’t backpacking but if you are camping out of a truck, it’s awesome.

Mosby

WKR
Local creek or warm water in a small tub with washcloth depending on temps. Thinking about buying one of these at some point. Would be great to hose off a muddy hunting dog too.

Attachments

• 1629381325480.png
    1629381325480.png
    643.6 KB · Views: 66
I've used the solar shower bags and they work well, albeit they have a short life span. I'm working on building one out of 6" ABS pipe. Cap on both ends, with one side having a hose spigot threaded in. A 5' section will hold just under 7.5 gallons.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have used a solar shower hung from a tree branch and have used tent shower. In both cases I have a 4x6 rubber mat I use to either just stand on or put the tent shower on. keeps your feet out of the dirt and when you step out of tent shower you don't step right into the dirt.

Warm water on the stove and use one of these! The water pressure makes it very efficient with water and you actually feel clean and soap free! Been using one for years in my off grid camp.

Just make sure you completely drain the hose when done before cold nights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDog00

WKR
I've got a Nemo Helio and it work really good. I just pull one of my rubber floor mats out of my truck to stand on then shower off. It gets the job done.

mmac

WKR
Solar shower for me and if needed heat up some water to add to it. Simple and cheap....

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re truck camping the battery powered pump/shower head and bucket with at least 2 gallons of warm water is worth the effort. Definitely take a mat or tarp to put down to keep feet out of the mud. Last year in our truck based elk camp we found a pallet where we were camped and set our rubber mat on it to keep out of the mud - that was nice. Other option is a cat bath with a little water and large “body” wet wipe. Butt last!

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
since you already have a turkey cooker you can also use that to boil the head and get the brains out before driving back home. Assuming you are out of state and not getting a full shoulder mount. Just use that as your shower too