Camp shower ideas

GSPHUNTER

WKR
since you already have a turkey cooker you can also use that to boil the head and get the brains out before driving back home. Assuming you are out of state and not getting a full shoulder mount. Just use that as your shower too
Hello neighbor. Lakewood

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Used this the last two seasons in wyoming and could not be happier.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-BO...rtable+hot+water+shower&qid=1629385833&sr=8-8

Started with the solar and as you said once it gets cold or no sun a pain. Did a season or two of the boiling water into a bag and took time. Switched to the heater boss and have been happy. Easy to use, doesn't take up a lot of space and can run off 1lb or 20lb bottles.

ODB

WKR
Used this the last two seasons in wyoming and could not be happier.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-BO...rtable+hot+water+shower&qid=1629385833&sr=8-8

Started with the solar and as you said once it gets cold or no sun a pain. Did a season or two of the boiling water into a bag and took time. Switched to the heater boss and have been happy. Easy to use, doesn't take up a lot of space and can run off 1lb or 20lb bottles.

Wow. I can’t believe some of these portable water heaters. Amazing.

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
Splash cold creek water on your face to take away the initial shock, then jump in the creek. Once your “stuff” pulls up inside of you it won’t seem so cold. The boys will drop back out in a week or so.

I’ve gone this route in the past hahaha I’m too soft now

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
I have used a solar shower hung from a tree branch and have used tent shower. In both cases I have a 4x6 rubber mat I use to either just stand on or put the tent shower on. keeps your feet out of the dirt and when you step out of tent shower you don't step right into the dirt.

Very good idea - last year I just wore my crocs but that’s not the best. Thanks for sharing

OP
satchamo

satchamo

WKR
since you already have a turkey cooker you can also use that to boil the head and get the brains out before driving back home. Assuming you are out of state and not getting a full shoulder mount. Just use that as your shower too

I’ll be OTC in Colorado so odds aren’t pretty strong the only thing I’m coming home with is a refreshed soul from spending a week bow hiking in the mountains

ODB

WKR
Very good idea - last year I just wore my crocs but that’s not the best. Thanks for sharing

If you are going full Monty, the best mats are the small wooden ones that look like a pallet. They do not allow water to pool and will keep your feet suspended above any dirt/mud. I have seen folding ones as well.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If you are going full Monty, the best mats are the small wooden ones that look like a pallet. They do not allow water to pool and will keep your feet suspended above any dirt/mud. I have seen folding ones as well.
That works too. When I set my shower up, I always put it on a slight incline to drain off water. U are right about water pooling though.

dtrkyman

WKR
I was on a hunt in Montana, 6 days in and hot weather, smelled like an old goat, storm came in so I ran 40 miles to town for a little food replenish and just a general recharge, found an rv park, 5$ for a shower and towel! Best 5 I spent that whole trip.

Found another place in Az. same deal.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
The guys I hunt with have done everything from solar, propane heated to even a portable hot tub and we have been back to the good old wash cloth and baby wipes for the last 10yrs or so.
Lots of PTA's in my past. Remarkable how better one feels with a little clean up.

We have settled on a Zodi Extreme shower. It's pretty much a metal pump sprayer sprayer with a small ball valve and a shower head. We either heat it on our propane camp stove or wood stove when wall tenting. We looked real hard at the self contained propane ones but was afraid of freezing issues.

We use a pump up sprayer like you to use for weeds in your yard. I believe it’s a 2 gallon capacity. Warm up some water and pour it in. I replaced the spray wand with one of those little spray guns that go beside your kitchen faucet. It works great! One guy can shower what about a gallon of water. Get wet, lather up, then rinse. Can get a little cold.Cost around $20. I’ve got the bottom cut out of a 265gal chemical tote that we use for a “shower pan” LOL. Dump after each guy -‘cause it’s disgusting 🤢🤮

kentuckybowman

Lil-Rokslider
I use a coleman hot water on demand and a shower tent with a padded kitchen mat for a floor. go to youtube and look for the water recyling mod back to the tank when you turn the valve of as you are soaping up. the coleman gets the water hotter than you can stand it and you have to regulate the thermostat to where you like it. the mod is cheap with some plastic tubing and a three way valve, saves a ton of water.

I use a little honda gas powered water pump hooked to a garden hose and a spray wand. Turkey frier with a copper coil over top of it in-line of the garden hose setup.

Endless hot water shower. Use a grated wooden mat to stand on.

That's for truck camping where you are taking a bunch of stuff, I hate not getting cleaned up.