Camper price check-how'd I do?

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Put a deposit on a 2021 Coleman Light 1905BH which is 19' length box with overall length 24

MSRP is 29,351 and we got them to $28,800 Out the door. So including all fees, taxes, set up, etc. And they will install sway bar hitch on my vehicle.

Just wanted to see if others can tell if this is a standard "we discounted almost $6k off of this for you" or I actually got a good deal. They did have freight at 1500, dealer set up at 995 and through in another 1500 off for military, and some other small deductions they knocked off due to my charming personality :poop:

During normal times it is common to be able to negotiate 20-30% off MSRP (or more depending on where you are). Due to high RV demand since/because of COVID (and low dealer stock) 10-15% off MSRP is more the norm lately from what I have seen. There are other factors that play into it as well (location, dealer stock, model year, etc). We bought a fifth wheel in August and due to it being the last 2020 in that model on the lot we got a stupid deal on it.

Also, congrats on the camper! We love ours and take it out every chance we get. We have visited places we probably never would have if not for the camper. Enjoy!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I suppose it depends on where you live. I'm in Southern Ca. I know it sucks. Anyhow my good fishing buddy sells RV's at one of the big dealers in these parts. Based on what he has been telling me, you got a very good deal. I have a 15 ft. lance, 2014, which I paid $16k for four years ago. He said I could get around 21k right now. Manufactures are way behind on orders. I just read, Thor, a big RV manufacturer has a $14 BILLION back order and are a year behind deliveries. Sucks if you are in the market, great if you are selling them. My friend is making big money on what sales he is getting.

Doesn't look like you can expect anything below MSRP right now so you probably did just fine. In laws just sold their 5th wheel toy hauler they bought new 8 years ago for a $7,000 profit. I just sold my commuter car this week. I put 70,000 miles on it in 4 years and sold it for $1,000 less than I paid. The KBB value increased about 30% from when I was going to sell it in November. It's nuts out there if you're buying anything.

If you got a discount at all I would say you did fine. With demand the way it is I could see dealers not moving much on price. We plan to sell ours after our CO trip next month and we should be able to get $5k or more over what we paid for it 2 years ago (we bought a 2014 model year used in 2019). They are fun for the family and like said above really get you out there where you may not have traveled before. Just remember they are not an investment and once this crazy market corrects they will depreciate quickly. We fully expected ours to depreciate by a good amount and that is just the cost of entertainment.

Kilboars

WKR
f3c9ebfcb6f5d135d48f6725197e271b.jpg

There’re very nice. Bought my 2017 used in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Thanks Gents! It’s definitely an exciting time for the family, my wife is more giddy than the kids!
We’re going to be making our way to NW MT and spend some time in Idaho, any must see/camp areas you suggest? We’ve done the parks already, more into the road “less traveled” at this point. Feel free to PM any honey holes 😜🤣

Just make sure you have your truck setup properly to handle it.

Passed this today, bottom of a hill with a turn, tail likely started to walk the dog....

Screenshot_20210618-211706.pngScreenshot_20210618-211658.png

Appeared to be a half ton pulling what was likey close to 26-28', but hard to tell from what was left.

Hopefully everyone made it out ok.

Lots of used units showing up here. I think the market is gonna be ripe for the picking in 18 months.
I'm hoping so, I usually pick up a few in the off season and sell them again in the spring, markets been great for selling........ But the off season opportunities have been pretty slim.

Moserkr

WKR
@Fatcamp Thats the ticket right there. Im looking forward to the massive amounts of used 5th wheels and boats to hit the market in the next 24 months…. I have a nice tow vehicle and an old restored boat, but ill just be damned if I buy a new trailer.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
f3c9ebfcb6f5d135d48f6725197e271b.jpg

There’re very nice. Bought my 2017 used in 2019.

Do you have anti sway bars etc. on that set-up? I live in Oklahoma and know about the wind. I would say they are a necessity after having a near death experience in the wind.

Kilboars

WKR
Do you have anti sway bars etc. on that set-up? I live in Oklahoma and know about the wind. I would say they are a necessity after having a near death experience in the wind.

No! That’s the problem.

It’s parked as a hunting camper. No plans to travel with it or I’d buy a real truck

Fatcamp

WKR
@Fatcamp Thats the ticket right there. Im looking forward to the massive amounts of used 5th wheels and boats to hit the market in the next 24 months…. I have a nice tow vehicle and an old restored boat, but ill just be damned if I buy a new trailer.

My wife is convinced it's coming. She watches consistently and says the number of 1-2 year old campers for sale is increasing.

colersu22

WKR

I am hoping for the same thing so I can pick up a trailer next spring/summer. Bought the truck last winter and now banking on people unloading them after everyone bought during covid and realize they don’t use them enough.