Camper tires?

tdhanses

WKR
Has anyone changed out their tires from the crappy ST’s to an LT? If so did you notice any difference in handling, such as more prone to sway?

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
Not on a camping trailer, but yes on my utility trailer. Haven’t noticed any difference on handling. The LT’s seem to last a lot longer.

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
Farm coop 10 ply trailer tires. Put 4 on my 5th wheel last fall mounted and balanced 400.00. Stiff sidewalls.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
My camper is only 4900lbs, I think 10ply would be overkill and really shake the interior more then needed.

I just put on some new Goodyear Marathons on my utility trailer. Made in the USA and rated up to 87 mph.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tod osier

WKR
Has anyone changed out their tires from the crappy ST’s to an LT? If so did you notice any difference in handling, such as more prone to sway?

i am a huge fan of LTs on the camper. I’ve put over 50k miles on the camper with LTs and couldn’t be happier. Finding the size that works may take some effort, but it is worth it to run a quality tire. I had to buy new wheels to run LTs, because the width was different, bu it was well worth it. no concerns with sway.

i am a huge fan of LTs on the camper. I’ve put over 50k miles on the camper with LTs and couldn’t be happier. Finding the size that works may take some effort, but it is worth it to run a quality tire. I had to buy new wheels to run LTs, because the width was different, bu it was well worth it. no concerns with sway.

Same, we had LT’s on our camper and they were great. Didn’t notice a difference in sway at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I found some 27x8r14’s which don’t seem to be much different then the 205x75r14’s that came stock. Tad bigger but I have plenty of room. With a load capacity of 1540ibs per tire they are within my tool weight capacity.

Tod osier

WKR
I found some 27x8r14’s which don’t seem to be much different then the 205x75r14’s that came stock. Tad bigger but I have plenty of room. With a load capacity of 1540ibs per tire they are within my tool weight capacity.

I only had to change wheels for width. The LTs I went to we’re similar in overall diameter and same rim diameter (15s) as the original STs, but needed a wider rim. The LTs are a heavier tire with more tread and I feel like better puncture resistance on gravel.

Wrench

WKR
I run Goodyear endurance trailer tires on a 10k lb arctic fox. When you look at the sidewalls on that tire it's like no other. That is also the ONLY tire made on the USA, or at least that was the case when I bought them. The marathon was mentioned, but they were offshore when I bought my tires a couple years ago. I am as hard as anyone on tires. I live in the NW and it gets blazing hot into hells canyon to 75 miles in low range in the St Joe forest. I have only had one flat in 20k miles and it was because I broke a wheel! The tire was fine.

For the cheap (~$100ea) price I paid and the results so far.....I'm tickled.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I run Goodyear endurance trailer tires on a 10k lb arctic fox. When you look at the sidewalls on that tire it's like no other. That is also the ONLY tire made on the USA, or at least that was the case when I bought them. The marathon was mentioned, but they were offshore when I bought my tires a couple years ago. I am as hard as anyone on tires. I live in the NW and it gets blazing hot into hells canyon to 75 miles in low range in the St Joe forest. I have only had one flat in 20k miles and it was because I broke a wheel! The tire was fine.

For the cheap (~$100ea) price I paid and the results so far.....I'm tickled.

Yeah I was going to go that route but just seems like LT tires will last longer, maybe not, we’ll see.