Camping Must Haves

So I’m looking to start doing some camping for DIY public land hunting mainly for Turkey and deer in the states surrounding Kentucky. I have a tent, sleeping bag, inflatable pad which are military issue. I’m not looking to spend a fortune but what are some things you would suggest is a necessity? Thanks in advance

Geewhiz

WKR
Not sure if your talking car camping or backpacking. Sounds like more car camping based on your gear.

Not directly hunting related but sure nice to have. Last year I bought a camp chef propane flat top grill that is awesome for cooking when car camping. It really rocked my world.

That's a camping must have for me these days. Your welcome.

Vandy321

WKR
Kentucky....a large bottle of deet

And a cook/camp stove. If keeping cost low is the gamelan. Check out the optimus crux, budget friendly and gets great reviews

Camp shoes
Folding Chair
Sit Pad (to put in front of your inner tent door)
Tarp
Cat hole shovel
Gas, alcohol, or solid fuel stove (can usually use one of these evev during fire bans
Mess kit including cup and pot
Headlamp!

yojo.3

FNG
Car camping id suggest the coleman grill/stove combo. Takes 1 pound propane canisters. I got one its nice to grill some brats on or just heat water for coffee.

Fred

Lil-Rokslider
MrBuddy heater is so nice to warm that tent up in the morning;)

OP
C
All really good suggestions. I feel like it’s gonna be a little bit of trail and error to figure out the correct setup

A square of carpet to put along side your cot. Really is a comfort booster stepping down on carpet when first crawling out of your cot versus a cold tent floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zacattack

WKR
So I’m looking to start doing some camping for DIY public land hunting mainly for Turkey and deer in the states surrounding Kentucky. I have a tent, sleeping bag, inflatable pad which are military issue. I’m not looking to spend a fortune but what are some things you would suggest is a necessity? Thanks in advance
Thermacell

rayporter

WKR
i did see the deet but i would also take tome good old permethrin, nothing is as good at killing ticks when deet does not affect them.

Curtis_C

FNG
Mr buddy heater, just got mine a couple months and should have bought one sooner

ohoopee

WKR
Camp shoes
Folding Chair
Sit Pad (to put in front of your inner tent door)
Tarp
Cat hole shovel
Gas, alcohol, or solid fuel stove (can usually use one of these evev during fire bans
Mess kit including cup and pot
Headlamp!
This covers mostly what I usually have. Water and a trash bag are the only things that I dont see.