Camping trailer-gift ideas?

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
All-

I SUCK at gift giving-especially the wife. We have a new camper and was thinking some creature comforts for the wife and kids (girls) would be a good move.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

If this is another đź’© idea, send it, I need to know....

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Great ideas Gents! I was thinking down blankets but wasn’t sure since there is a jewelry graveyard in my house that rivals the value of a brand new 4x4 quad....

4rcgoat

WKR
Wife loves those books with pictures to color in with colored pencils. You can get some pretty good books and pencil "kits" off Amazon.

Trial153

WKR
Good camp chairs like Nemo stargazer and nice puffy blankets like Nemo puffin for sitting around a fire. Also look at wine tumbers from places like yeti and Vinglace

BluMtn

WKR
When you say camper are you talking Pickup camper or travel trailer? If you are talking travel trailer get her one of these for the area under you awning.

cnelk

WKR
I know its not glamorous... But

Install a solar motion light near the door. Makes a world of difference.
Nice bright light comes on when you step outside, and its always dim when in sleep mode

Note: Be sure not to install it under the awning ;)

Sandstrom

WKR
Simple! A 223 Tikka with a SWFA!!!:)
If that doesn’t work, something as simple as a rug or welcome mat for the entrance to keep it clean and make it look nice. Another option is a small Weber charcoal grill and a grilling utensil set that stays in the camper:)
Good luck!
Ryan

Titan_Bow

WKR
Not trying to be negative here, just looking at it through a different lens. Are you sure your wife and kids really enjoy camping or do they go because you want them to or even because it’s just a family activity (so it’s enjoyable but it’s more about family than it is camping).
My point is, buying camping items for your family “could” come across as something that really is more for you than for them.
I’m only mentioning it for conversation, I don’t know you or your family in any way, only you know that. Just looking at things from a different angle. Have you asked your wife what she wants for Christmas? Not what she wants you to get her but what she truly wants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Not trying to be negative here, just looking at it through a different lens. Are you sure your wife and kids really enjoy camping or do they go because you want them to or even because it’s just a family activity (so it’s enjoyable but it’s more about family than it is camping).
My point is, buying camping items for your family “could” come across as something that really is more for you than for them.
I’m only mentioning it for conversation, I don’t know you or your family in any way, only you know that. Just looking at things from a different angle. Have you asked your wife what she wants for Christmas? Not what she wants you to get her but what she truly wants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense taken! I’m the one who admitted I pick horrible gift ideas.

They are more excited than I am-that’s why I wanted gifts relating to the camper, bc that’s what the FBI calls a “clue” and I’m starting there.....I’m a slow learner!