Camping WY Unit 26

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
Any suggestions for a camp site in WY Unit 26 for an upcoming Antelope Hunt? I can handle primitive.

aOWENc

FNG
I’m wondering the same thing, we are planning on tent camping in Unit 26 as well. I’m hoping we are able to find a 2 track road on BLM land that we can pull off of. Good luck with your hunt!

Smfigari

FNG
Not sure how your hunts went. We both ended up doing pretty well, but finding a camping spot away from oil field roads ended up being troublesome. Made for a rather sleepless night.

OP
Boone-In-Wall

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
Trip was great! Shot the antelope in my profile picture. I ended up just staying in Casper at a hotel. lol.

mcdbrog

FNG
I am planning on going with my 15 year old son this year for his first trip out west and my first to Wyoming. We both have three points. I have Go hunt and OnX subscriptions. Go hunt says public access is poor. Just wondering if anyone who has been there had any issues with finding access to public land to hunt. I had also planed on staying in Casper at a hotel. Thanks for any help

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted 26 quite a bit, but always on a private ranch. I can't imagine using 3 points to hunt the overcrowded public land in 26, but I guess that is the state of things currently. Staying in a Casper hotel makes life easy, even if the hunting is hard. I usually stay at the C'mon Inn if I am hunting to the East of Casper.

mcdbrog

FNG
Yeah I know. I was originally thinking unit 70 but unless I read it wrong the proposed tag quota for that unit is 150 this year. I was unsuccessful in last years draw and just want to try to make sure I get to take him out there this year. We wont be going out until October unless he decides not to play football next year.