Can Am Defender Max Cab Enclosures?

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. Looking for some help on picking a can enclosure for a 2020 Can Am Defender Max. Ive looked at the factory ones. Those doors and enclosure are awesome, but also $$$. I hate that they only have power windows. Manual would definitely save some money if they had that option, but they don't. Ive also looked at super atv, but don't like that they don't have any windows at all. I just recently discovered some steel doors with sliding windows from Armortech, but they say its only the doors, not the glass included, as well as an enclosure from DFK with sliding windows. Does anyone have any experience with any of these, or any other enclosures out there? Im really torn on what to do for an enclosure, and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

LostArra

WKR
One of my hunting buddies has a Can Am with enclosure. I don't know the model but he's replaced the hinges on those front opening doors multiple times.

jlh42581

WKR
My defender windows are velcro on and you must unzip to open my superatv doors. Theres prob someone local to you making enclosures. Ill pony up on the new buggy this winter for the factory kit on the one we are ordering but its only $1000 which isnt much less in what i have in this one. Those you can open the door without messing with window. Worth its weight in gold. Zip up enclosures work if you dont wanna spend the money.

OP
Fozzy26

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
My defender windows are velcro on and you must unzip to open my superatv doors. Theres prob someone local to you making enclosures. Ill pony up on the new buggy this winter for the factory kit on the one we are ordering but its only $1000 which isnt much less in what i have in this one. Those you can open the door without messing with window. Worth its weight in gold. Zip up enclosures work if you dont wanna spend the money.
Ya I definitely don’t want a zip up, I most definitely want a hard enclosure. I have the factory roof and windshield. Just looking for maybe cheaper doors that still have windows

jlh42581

WKR
Ya I definitely don’t want a zip up, I most definitely want a hard enclosure. I have the factory roof and windshield. Just looking for maybe cheaper doors that still have windows

I am not aware of many cheap options on that buggy for doors/windows. Most I know of are 5k, its like buying a north star ranger. I bet someone could build you a framed window but youll prob need a door still before hand.

OP
Fozzy26

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I am not aware of many cheap options on that buggy for doors/windows. Most I know of are 5k, its like buying a north star ranger. I bet someone could build you a framed window but youll prob need a door still before hand.
Ya for sure. It’s just the factory ones are like $7000. So I was looking for some input on something like the armor tech that’s more like $4000

JCooper

FNG
We had the Can Am soft door enclosure on our HD10 Max with zip up windows. It did alright except at speed. The bottoms of the doors would “float” out an inch or so. Last year we bought the armortech steel doors with the sliding windows. A world of difference. I would very much suggest these.

OP
Fozzy26

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
We had the Can Am soft door enclosure on our HD10 Max with zip up windows. It did alright except at speed. The bottoms of the doors would “float” out an inch or so. Last year we bought the armortech steel doors with the sliding windows. A world of difference. I would very much suggest these.
You like the armor tech doors quite a bit? Did they come with the glass in it? Some things I've seen are "doors only" and one of the FAQ said it didn't come with the glass. If that's the case, where do you get the glass. And any possible leads on where to purchase these would be great. I like them quite a bit from just some research. A little cheaper than the factory doors, not paying for power windows, but still get windows, steel doors. They seem legit.

JCooper

FNG
I bought ours from Offroad Armor. The company had to build them and then he shipped them out. He was very good to deal with. The windows did come installed in all 4 doors. Yes I really like them. I would not hesitate to buy again. If you have any more questions let me know.
Thanks
Jeff

OP
Fozzy26

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I bought ours from Offroad Armor. The company had to build them and then he shipped them out. He was very good to deal with. The windows did come installed in all 4 doors. Yes I really like them. I would not hesitate to buy again. If you have any more questions let me know.
Thanks
Jeff
Awesome. They seem like a great option. I like how easy off and on they seem because I would take them off in the summer. Do you run a heater system? The OEM look nice, but again pretty damn $$$. Inferno seems to make a good one for like $500 that seems like it might be a good way to go.

JCooper

FNG
Yes we run a heater. The Ice Crusher. I’m not real impressed with it but it does keep us from freezing in below zero temps. Mainly it will defrost the window. I bet it would heat a regular cab quite nice. Our next one we get will be factory heater and cab. But that’s a ways away. We also take our doors off in summer.

OP
Fozzy26

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
Yes we run a heater. The Ice Crusher. I’m not real impressed with it but it does keep us from freezing in below zero temps. Mainly it will defrost the window. I bet it would heat a regular cab quite nice. Our next one we get will be factory heater and cab. But that’s a ways away. We also take our doors off in summer.
What do you think you will be gaining in a factory cab?

JCooper

FNG
Hopefully a better heater, window openings that are the full space and a quieter interior.

ToolMann

WKR
Maybe try a custom shop. Fatal Motorsports in Las Vegas can build about anything you could think of. I know it's not local, but may be worth a call.