Can Am HD8 Max or Reg cab?

onetohunt

Looking for some opinions. I'm in the market to buy a new can am sxs. I'm not sure if i want the max because it will seat 6 people just incase i want to use if for some jolly riding with the family or if i should stay with the 3 seater regular cab? I will only use this for hunting and riding around the house. I'm just not sure how mobile the Max will be in the woods. It looks like a big machine? I sold my Commander and really want to get another machine. Any thoughts on these Max getting around compared to the regular cab? thanks.

Throwin Darts

We have had both the regular 3 seater and the 6 seater and I much much prefer the 6. Even if you don’t seat people back there it’s nice to sit other items there that you don’t want banging around back in the bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobbc03

I bought a ranger 1000 in May, I too debated on crew or not. I love the 3 seat version, on the trails we have the crew would be good, but once you get off the trails, it would definitely be a little longer than I want. I would also recommend test driving the Ranger compared to the can am, both are good machines, but you get more for the money with Polaris and I have not had a single issue with the ranger yet.

OP
O

onetohunt

Well after long and hard deliberation, I decided on the Defender XT. They both handle very well but I was just afraid of the size of the Max that I couldn't get it through the tight spots in the woods.

Reactions: AZ8

AZ8

I think you made a good choice! Although its still a big machine, compared to ATVs, it’s still pretty nimble. I’ve yet to get myself stuck in any tight trails I’ve gone down.

I love my HD8. You’ll have fun. Enjoy!

loadsandlattes

I don't think there is a wrong choice. I went back and forth, ended up with a HD8 Max. On tight trails it does feel a little big, but as long as I'm not flying it's been manageable. I also don't mind clipping bushes/tree limbs. The only real downside I've found is that the longer wheelbase gets me high center more often than I like. When it's time to buy new tires I plan on a small 2' lift and taller tires to help remedy that. Here's my goose/duck/deer/coyote setup!

Attachments

• CanAm.jpg
    CanAm.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

loadsandlattes

Honestly, this is probably the right answer. I can tell you that you won’t regret the extra seats.