Can anyone help explain what I dont know??

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslider's are a wealth of knowledge, and thus, I am reaching out for info that I cant seem to clarify through research. Yes I have looked at all the states websites and read in depth, but never jumped into some of the states so I dont know exactly how it all works.

The question: I live in Colorado and apply for tags in Colorado, Montana and Wyoming currently. I know how these draw systems and points/bonus points work in these states (CO, WY, and MT). Can anyone explain New Mexico, Arizona and Utah to me; particularly how the point system works?

In WY and Montana, I can log in after July 1st and buy preference points for the species I want. FYI, I do apply for some of the tags I have higher points in for WY and MT while crossing my fingers, but I cant seem to find out exactly how to get points for AZ and UTAH. Can I log in and buy points in NM, Utah, and AZ after the draw like WY and MT, or do I need to apply by the application date and do all that?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks all

bsnedeker

WKR
I would recommend you check out the Elktalk podcast with Randy Newburg and Corey Jacobson. They did a whole series on the draw systems for each of the western states and application strategies for each. Newburg knows this stuff inside and out and has a ton of great information. I honestly think that is the best resource I've seen on this stuff.

JMDavies

WKR
Check out Huntin Fool or Epic Outdoors. For a small fee, they will apply to any state and any species you are interested in.

OP
J

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies! It took me a while to gain the "confidence" to apply in other states when I started in WY and MT.....trying to find that same confidence in other states