can anyone tell me their first hand thoughts on the MBG Vengeance sight?

sk1

WKR
so after careful consideration, and playing around with a spot hogg hogg father for a bit.....i have decided to stick with montana black gold. i currently have a 5 pin ascent. i am considering upgrading the head to the vengeance head. i remember awhile back when i considered buying one i had heard mixed reviews on the micro adjustable pins having issues staying in place?? i would love to have micro adjust pins, but wanted to hear if anyone has first hand experience with the sight and how you do or do not like it.

thanks!

mtbshark

WKR
I have a 5 pin ascent with the vengeance base and head, and i have had no issues with the pins!

i have been thinking about getting a new 5 pin ascent with a 4" dove and the standard head on it to save 3-4oz on my bow!

I am telling you this because i love my currant sight but it is HEAVY!

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I have a 5 pin ascent with the vengeance base and head, and i have had no issues with the pins!

i have been thinking about getting a new 5 pin ascent with a 4" dove and the standard head on it to save 3-4oz on my bow!

I am telling you this because i love my currant sight but it is HEAVY!

i think id rather have it 3-4 oz heavier than messing around adjusting pins, so frustrating when you need to move the pin just a smidge and then it wont move so you push harder and then you move it 5mm and you're way off....cant stand it! also i read new for this year they used a different material they call hush wheels which was supposed to clear up any issues the old sight had.

main reason i am switching sights is to go from a large guard to a small guard, figured i might as well go for the vengeance in the process

thanks for the input

ontarget7

WKR
If you like a smaller pin I would definitely recommend getting the .010. IMO the .019's are very bright and glow to much for my eyes. I don't use the sight anymore but they are a great sight. You won't have any problems and if for some reason you did, their customer service is top notch.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
i have all .19 on my 5 pin ascent right now, i think im going to do the first 3 pins .19 and the last two as .10 on the new one...i plan on ordering monday.

mtbshark

WKR
Sk1 i have the top 2 pins at 19 and the other 3 are 10, my buddy just got the same sight set up but with 7 pins for some reason and the both of us with that only the top pin was 19 and all the others are 10. You get really used to the smaller pins.

Also the micro adjust pins are nice, and the newer sights adjusters are delrin so they have no metallic sounds if not snugged top or bottom of the channel.

KMD

Banned
I just did a custom MBG with the Surge head on an Ascent base. The Surge has micro adjust pins, same as the Vengeance. Also, went with a 4" dovetail mount for the 3rd axis adjustment. Four .019" pins, 20-50 and dial the Ascent beyond 50yds. Figured if an animal is beyond that, I want to dial the Ascent right to the range.
Yes it's pretty hefty, but I'm really liking it so far...

Lawnboi

WKR
Id suggest the surge head. I have the vengeance head on my ascent and its just too much. I don't need the bulk or weight of the micro adjustment on the windage. For the pins it is nice hence why I would go with the surge.

Also a dovetail is nice. 4in with the vengeance body takes it out a ways!

I run 4 pins on my vengeance. 2 .019 and 2 .010. Like others I figured if the animal is past 50yds I better have time to dial it in

The newer pin adjustment on these 2013 sites is above an beyond what it used to be. I had an old redzone that the pin adjustment would get funny with, however it was still good. The newer ones are even better

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
thanks guys, completely forgot about the surge head, i agree the micro adjustment on windage is totally not necessary, as long as it has the updated micro pin adjustments, ill probably go with that on my 6" dovetail....i just need to order the head i have everything else

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
The Vengence base actually takes it out slightly more then the 4" dovetail and also had 3rd axis adjustment. I have 4 of them; great sights.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I just upgraded my ascent to the vengeance head and base to gain 3rd axis without having to buy a new sight. It's only been a few days but I like it more than the original ascent... I think all my pins are the .10 as well, and my sight is going on 3 years old without any issues at all with the pins. MBG builds a great sight, can't go wrong with anything MBG IMO.

J-Daddy

WKR
I've shot them alot since they came out and never had an issue .... I've gotta 5 pin setting on the bench right now because I'm shooting the Ambush Ascents on both bows now.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I've shot them alot since they came out and never had an issue .... I've gotta 5 pin setting on the bench right now because I'm shooting the Ambush Ascents on both bows now.
I am getting ready to order another. Are the pins on the Ambush as bright as the Vengence head? I ask because they appear as if they might have less exposed fiber? Are you using the single pin Ambush?
Thanks.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
order placed for a MBG Surge five pin, .19 yellow, red, green, yellow, and then .10 green.

ill replace my ascent head with that on a 6" dovetail, really excited for the micro adjust pins, also switching from the 2" guard to the standard 1 3/4 guard.

J-Daddy

WKR
Black Gold did change the micro adjust wheel on the pins last year...They used to be brass wheels, now they are Delrin wheels. They seem to lock down a little tighter now though I never had issues with the old ones, you just had to make sure you ran the wheel down and tightened it up after tightening the set screw down on the pin.

jjenness

Lil-Rokslider
I just put the Vengence 7 pin on a new Bowtech Experience and have had zero issues so far. The micro adjust wheels are pretty stiff, and with them having a small machined groove in them I don't foresee them moving unless I move them myself. MBG is the only way to go IMO.

Last edited:

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is your overall take on the Ambush Ascent? Did you stay with the standard base or go with one of the Dovetail bases for 3rd Axis adjustability?
I'm debating the Ambush Ascent vs. a 3 pin Ascent base / Vengeance Head.........

Last edited: