Can gas canisters fly?

Last time I went to wy. I shipped my gas canisters to my hotel ahead of time. But this year I'm not planning on staying in a hotel the first night. So my question is can I put one in my checked luggage?

OP
flatlander51
Yea thats def. an option just thought someone could give me a quick yay or nay.I looked on the airline site but couldn't find a clear answer.

Curtis C

WKR
Nope cant do it. Little more than half way down this page . Do as dotman says or you could ship some stuff to a post office in the area you plan to go through. You might check the lighter rules if you plan to have one as a fire starter

C

OP
flatlander51
Thanks CC I didnt think to look on the TSa site I was on the airline site which was much harder to decipher. I just found a sports Authority close by that sells them.thanks again

If you don't want to go the Post Office route since they may not be open when you get there you might want to check if a hotel in the area you are going to might be willing to accept and hold it for you since there will be a desk clerk on 24x7. FedEx/Kinkos is another 24x7 operation you might want to look into as a destination for your shipment.