Can I hunt Department of Energy land?

I went to their website but I couldn't find anything. I'm looking at a hunt this fall and 60% of the land within the boundary is DOE.
Can I hunt this land?

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes. DOE is federal public land until transferred to private or corporate entities. Where hunting or access is restricted, posted signs are required to inform the public.

You can also go to your local DNR station and inquire about the area of interest to verify legal access of DOE lands.

I doubt it but may depend on the site. Check with the local DOE before you do. They have a heavily armed security force and dont mess around.
This is the right answer - double check before going on the property. I know for example Idaho National Lab has some 890 square miles, but hunting is not allowed without specific permission.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. DOE is federal public land until transferred to private or corporate entities. Where hunting or access is restricted, posted signs are required to inform the public.

You can also go to your local DNR station and inquire about the area of interest to verify legal access of DOE lands.

Do not take this advice. I managed real estate matters on one of the country’s largest DOE sites for 25 years. You will be confronting heavily armed security forces if you aren’t careful. Check with the local DOE office, as mentioned earlier, for site specific access requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mule3006Elk
Thanks for the responses. I figured it wasn't straight forward. I checked the website before posting but I couldn't find any information. Being the weekend I'll have to wait until the first of the week to sort out.