Can I ship this?

Ten Bears

WKR
I have shipped Pelican cases around the country with my work gear inside. I simply lock them with a combo lock. Leave my contact info on a printed/taped piece of paper on the outside.

Weight wise it would cost more for shipping, but a couple firing strips and a piece of luan or cheap paneling some dry wall screws. Instand secure box that will stand up better than cardboard for the shipping gorillas to stomp on.

CorbLand

WKR
I gave up. I yelled, I cussed, I cut, I glued, I said eff you box and I’m back to going to ups with the bow case.
If you tried using the glue stick to glue the box together, that is where you went wrong. The glue stick is a snack, use gum to hold the box together.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I had to ship a rifle a while back, before new stupid rules. I went into UPS distribution center and told them what I wanted. He didn't understand and bought out a box that was, 48"x 20"x 20". He finally got me the right size box. UPS has about any size box you would need.

Randle

WKR
If you go to a body shop or car dealer (fenders , doors, inner door panels, etc.)
they will probably have box the size you need

jmez

WKR
One of the guys I elk hunt with ships his case just like that to my house every year. I then ship it back to him when we are done. UPS, never had an issue.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
I’ve shipped rifles in hard cases with locks a few times. I don’t know if that case is nice enough to stand up to shipping but they will definitely take it if you lock it and make sure it won’t come open.

Tex_F15

FNG
I can’t find a box big enough. Can I ship this as is? I zip tied it and I’ll add some tape. Using ups. I’d think the ups man would appreciate a nice handle!

You can absplutely ship that as is. Just buy insurance. Just had my dad ship my my old childhood bow he found, more of a keep-sake, in a case Just like that. Tape it up, slap a label on it, gtg.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
You can absplutely ship that as is. Just buy insurance. Just had my dad ship my my old childhood bow he found, more of a keep-sake, in a case Just like that. Tape it up, slap a label on it, gtg.
I shipped it and it arrived! No issues when I dropped it. I zip tied all the lock holes and duct taped the latches closed.

TSAMP

WKR
Worked at ups while in college. That thing won’t make it if you don’t box it.
I worked at FedEx in college. I would ride it down the conveyor belt yelling freedom, but it would still make it minus some battle scars. Ship it as is.