Can nocks significantly affect point of impact?

I've been shooting Black Eagle Deep Impacts for a couple years. On my first set I swapped the BE nocks for Easton nocks as the BE's seemed a little loose on my string. Have been very happy with that arrow setup, and so ordered some more, same specs, but haven't swapped nocks, still have the BE nocks in them. The arrows that arrived, despite being about 3 grains lighter total arrow weight in comparison to the first dozen, are impacting about 5 yards low (when I shoot at 50 yards with my 50 yard pin, the arrows land about halfway between 50 and 60 pins). I know I could just test it, swap nocks, see what happens, just curious to hear your experiences.

I think they do. I was paper tuning bareshaft last night and noticed a big difference between a nock that was too tight and one that fit more loose. Too tight you get nock pinch and bad arrow flight. Too loose and it can create a gap and sort of slap the back of the nock instead of pushing it all the way. You tube Jake kaminski nock fit. It’s a good video.

Zac

WKR
Having the same issues myself right now with Nocturnals hitting low. I only have an under knot and the Nocturnal is thicker than the Easton X no k. I think the upward pinch is pushing harder on the bottom of the thicker nock driving the point down. I have wood screws in my X nocks BTW to equalize weight. In the end I'm going to go back to Firenock. That way my lighted vs not lighted will weigh the same, and have same exact nock profile.

wayoh22

WKR
Nock weight can be playing an impact as well. Especially with Nockturnals. For example: Nockturnals typically weigh 25-26 grains vs a standard x nock weight of 8.6-9.0 grains.

Reactions: Zac

TheViking

WKR
This is why I quit using them.

Too expensive to shoot on my practice arrows all spring/summer.

Regulars nocks aren’t quite the same as lighted nocks, either weight difference, or slightly different dimensions, so point of impact changes.

Yes, nocks can change impact.

I have had bad nocks that will throw an arrow, does it to each arrow I put it on.

I tried the Easton g- nocks, wasn't impressed. Currently I have been shooting Beiter hunter nocks, and I have been changing slowly over to those.

The lighted nocks I have tried fit terrible and dimensions are way off of anything else I used, didn't try firenock, I wasn't spending that kind of money on them. I'll loose an arrow every once in a while.

Zac

WKR
Yes, nocks can change impact.

I have had bad nocks that will throw an arrow, does it to each arrow I put it on.

I tried the Easton g- nocks, wasn't impressed. Currently I have been shooting Beiter hunter nocks, and I have been changing slowly over to those.

The lighted nocks I have tried fit terrible and dimensions are way off of anything else I used, didn't try firenock, I wasn't spending that kind of money on them. I'll loose an arrow every once in a while.
Beiter is definitely the way to go if your not using lighted.

N2TRKYS

WKR
How do you make up for the weight? I was putting wood screws into my Easton X's.

I just sight in with my hunting arrows. I only hunt with my bow, so it’s not a big deal for me.

However, I haven’t noticed much difference in the roughly 10 grain difference in weight.