Can NOT remove inserts

OP
alabamahunt

alabamahunt

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a little unclear here just how all this transpired. You took the shafts into the shop......"with the Victory inserts" and handed them to him?? Then you said it took him 5 minutes to cut the shafts. Were you standing there??? Then you left with your shafts with inserts installed without noticing at that time?

If he installed the regular Victory shock collar inserts, you're going to damage the arrows using heat. The heat is going to heat up the inside AND the outside of the shafts because of the collar.

Your best bet is to try to sell them to someone that uses a shorter arrow, and they can just cut them off and start over. They wouldn't even need to cut all the way below the insert. From my experience it's a lot easier to pop a small "part" of the insert out than the
I'm a little unclear here just how all this transpired. You took the shafts into the shop......"with the Victory inserts" and handed them to him?? Then you said it took him 5 minutes to cut the shafts. Were you standing there??? Then you left with your shafts with inserts installed without noticing at that time?

If he installed the regular Victory shock collar inserts, you're going to damage the arrows using heat. The heat is going to heat up the inside AND the outside of the shafts because of the collar.

Your best bet is to try to sell them to someone that uses a shorter arrow, and they can just cut them off and start over. They wouldn't even need to cut all the way below the insert. From my experience it's a lot easier to pop a small "part" of the insert out than the entire epoxied insert.
Victory ships the shafts with the inserts just stuck in the ends of the shaft, uncut and unglued. I told him I wanted them cut 27 1/4 carbon to carbon. He went back and cut them and put them back in the clear case the come in with the inserts in the end just like I handed him in the box but glued in to my surprise. I’ll just have to shoot them when I get back in town and see how they do. Will just sell them if they suck

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My inserts came in a separate sealed bag with my RIP TKO Elite 250 shafts. Good luck, even if they do spin well, I wouldn't want those inserts in/on my arrows.

406unltd

WKR
My inserts came in a separate sealed bag with my RIP TKO Elite 250 shafts. Good luck, even if they do spin well, I wouldn't want those inserts in/on my arrows.
My last dozen were separate in a bag as well but the ones I received a couple days ago were inserted into the shaft.

nphunter

WKR
Mine also came shipped in a separate bag, the drill bit trick should work, try putting them in the freezer for a while first, the inserts will shrink slightly and the epoxy should break loose easier that way. I've had great luck with the drill bit trick on lots of different arrows. I've even removed some epoxied in HIT's from some TKO's with the drill bit. It takes a lot of swinging, more than a person thinks.