Can someone explain the Wyo antelope draw!

I have received some great help from WyoBowhunter and for that I am very grateful. However I cannot figure out how the draw process in Wyoming works so I can put together a decent application strategy. I understand the CO system well, but this Wyoming deal is a whole different beast. I have a map showing PPs that it took to draw last year for nonresidents. Since I have 0 I think it's a waste of time to apply around Rawlins where the access is reasonable. Am I wrong with this? How do your second and third choices come into play?

I know it is getting down to the nitty gritty on the draw, but I have waited 12 years to try and hunt one in Colorado (chasing a creep that was at 3 when I started). I just want to head to the Cowboy state this year and put one of those tasty critters on the table. This is the first year out of school where I have the means to chase another state so your help is greatly appreciated. Heck if you are willing I am open for application unit suggestions, but feel quite weird asking for that.

Thanks!

wapitibob

WKR
WY is real simple once you spend a few years digging in to it. I'll give you the rundown when I get home if nobody has done it by then.

You'll have about a 50% shot at unit 46 type 2 with zero points. The access info is way over rated. All you need is a few sections of BLM to whack some goats.
For 2nd choice tags you need to look at the random draw stats and find the units that had more tags then 1st choice applicants. The remaining tags will be available for 2nd choice guys at that point. Looking at the same report,, take the 1st choice leftovers and compare them to the 2nd choice applicants. That will give you your draw odds.

Last edited: