Can someone knowledgeable about Browning please help me with approx value and features of this 2018 serial # Xbolt? Needing advice.

Cooposo

FNG
I have the opportunity to purchase a used never fired RMEF X-Bolt. Won in drawing and still in box with stickers etc. It shoulders well for me and I love the balance and trigger.

The box is labeled thus:
XBLT WH MAX1 XT RMEF 19, MB 7mm

I haven't found this particular trim anywhere online but I think it's a western hunter? It's a 7mm Rem Mag, the stock is camo, barrel is blued and has a brake. Unfortunately I did not have my phone on me and did not take pictures.

Is this a low, mid, or high end Xbolt? What would you approximate the value to be? Any pitfalls? Would be used for whitetails, mulies, and elk. My hunting has usually been a balance of hiking and horseback, buy I'm interested in Backcountry and backpacking. Would this serve me well?

There's one on gunbroker for $900
An x bolt is an x bolt far as I know.
Just the trim, color,barrel length changes.
Lots of guys love em

OP
Cooposo

Cooposo

FNG
There's one on gunbroker for $900
An x bolt is an x bolt far as I know.
Just the trim, color,barrel length changes.
Lots of guys love em
Thank you for your reply! I didn't know how much variation there was from X bolt to X bolt so that's helpful. I didn't find anything in their current catalog that matched it exactly.

Thank you for your reply! I didn't know how much variation there was from X bolt to X bolt so that's helpful. I didn't find anything in their current catalog that matched it exactly.

There's a few variations of stocks.
I definitely could be wrong but I don't think they do a bunch of barrel variations like Remington.
Just different lengths and brake or no brake.

Sounds like a good rifle for you.

OP
Cooposo

Cooposo

FNG
There's a few variations of stocks.
I definitely could be wrong but I don't think they do a bunch of barrel variations like Remington.
Just different lengths and brake or no brake.

Sounds like a good rifle for you.
I've looked alot at the Tikka t3, Savage 110, and model 70s because they shoulder well for me. Seems to me to get into the trims that have a muzzle brake and a decent composite stock you have to spend quite a bit more than the $670 he is asking me for this rifle.

SDHNTR

WKR
Those are always kinda hard to value because they are somewhat unique being the RMEF versions, yet the rifle itself is nothing too special so I’m not sure it adds to the value much. $670 sounds quite fair to me. Sounds like a darn fine all around choice too.

Certainly a step above Tikka and Savage, but not quite sure I’d put it in the M70 EW category.

My Browning Hells Canyon Speed in 30 06 and my 300 win mag Max Long Range are tack drivers, awesome rifles. I think you will like it!!!!!!

OP
Cooposo

Cooposo

FNG
Those are always kinda hard to value because they are somewhat unique being the RMEF versions, yet the rifle itself is nothing too special so I’m not sure it adds to the value much. $670 sounds quite fair to me. Sounds like a darn fine all around choice too.

Certainly a step above Tikka and Savage, but not quite sure I’d put it in the M70 EW category.
This is an excellent perspective, thank you. If you grade it above the T3 and 110, that makes it very interesting to me indeed. My wife wasn't too excited about the price tag on the M70 EW or the Extreme Tungsten that seems to be slated to replace it. The stainless or cerakote would be nice but my current and only deer rifle is an inherited m1917 30-06 that we've cared for enough it's not rusting out yet! Took a mule deer two years ago on its 100th birthday no problem, it's just heavy and has a questionable safety I don't trust.

OP
Cooposo

Cooposo

FNG
My Browning Hells Canyon Speed in 30 06 and my 300 win mag Max Long Range are tack drivers, awesome rifles. I think you will like it!!!!!!
I've been reading great things about the entire line, so I appreciate your vote of confidence. Of course there are a few negative stories, but on the whole Im feeling like I should snatch it up.

As an aside, last year we visited the smokies for the first time. If your name is any indication, you live in a beautiful part of the US!

splinter

FNG
I’ve had and still have several x bolts , all have been good shooters .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk