Can this be fixed?

I put this in clothing but I suppose it could be considered footwear, or DIY modifications. Anyway, I have a pair of lightly used Kuiu Yukon gaiters that the snap broke when I was taking them off. I have already received a replacement pair from Kuiu under warranty which was super fast and friendly. However these gaiters are in great shape except for the snap. I don't want to throw them away and am asking if anyone knows if they can be fixed or knows how to fix them.

Thanks!

snap.jpggaiter.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
I believe Harbor Freight sells the tool that crimps button snaps. If not, surely an online search will find something. I had a button pop off my Exo pack dry bag and was able to fix it with a beveled punch and hammer.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm sure it could be repaired, but with the strength of that velcro that KUIU uses I'm not so sure I'd even bother. If it were me, I'd just keep using them as is.

Anywhere that does leather work will have a snap and the tools to install it (its a very simple tool but it would be a big investment for 1 time use). Being in Kansas that should be an easy thing to find.

Tell them you need a "Line 20 or 24 snap" installed.

OP
coyotecreek
I'm sure it could be repaired, but with the strength of that velcro that KUIU uses I'm not so sure I'd even bother. If it were me, I'd just keep using them as is.
I thought about that too. I have 2 pairs of Yukons and a pair of Kenetreks now so I'm not sure that I need 3. I might just try to sell these. Thanks guys!