Can this be real?

Laramie

WKR
It's BS... Impossible movements shown by that deer if that damage was real.

Edit.. after watching close, the muscle groups are indeed intact. Crazy but I guess plausible. Still seems suspect but if that was an edited video, they spent a pile of time on it.

Last edited:

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Had a deer similar not as bad figured coyotes tried to take it down

Attachments

• Resized_STC_0177_72943318622854.jpg
    Resized_STC_0177_72943318622854.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 182

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm inclined to think it is.

This post also discusses it. https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/zombie-deer-crazy-trail-cam-video.191872/

Here is my opinion from it.
Hard to tell in a video due to the lack of 3D perception, but it looks like the scapula is winged out, which would be consistent with a damaged/destroyed rhomboid. It would still be possible for some of the rhomboid to be intact, helping maintain function. The Levator Scapulae would remain intact. Pretty much all the other scapular muscles attach forward on the rib cage and leg. I'm basing this off of human anatomy, so I could be missing something.

Blunt avulsion injuries don't always bleed much as the tearing follows the facia and few blood vessels are transected.

The wound looks very fresh, making it more likely that compensation mechanisms have not had time to be exhausted. The movement of the avulsed skin would represent an amazing attention to detail for a fake.

I have seen function remain with some crazy injuries in people (I have also seen function lost with what appears to be a minor injury), so I can believe that this is real.

Fatcamp

WKR
Based on what I see humans walking around with it doesn't surprise me at all.

Pressure injuries can be unreal.

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
That pic has been the talk of the morning at work.

I'm going with "real"

airbuds

FNG
Looks real. Since no vital organ damage it's possible. Vehicle accident most likely

wayoh22

WKR
Shows how tough they can be. Unreal admiration for what these animals can survive.

Hank Hill

FNG
Say this guy walks out at the same time as the buck of your dreams

You put him out of his misery or take the dream buck?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Doesn't look to be in misery.

An accurate observation that could lead to multiple philosophical discussions about life, death, suffering, and how we should handle that trio.

HHoward12

FNG
That looks real to me. It’s amazing at what the animals we pursue can endure and survive.

def90

WKR
The deer probably tried to go under a piece of barb wire with an unusually sharp barb or a piece of razor wire or a fence with apiece of thin sheet metal hanging off which sliced down his back as he went under which in turn fileted him open. The skin on one side has pulled away which makes the wound gastly looking but in general it's a flesh wound. The wound will likely become infected and the deer will suffer a slow painful death.

Working construction I've sliced my hand open on sheet metal pipe straps before. Slices you open and you never even feel it until the blood is pouring down your arm.

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
I would say its a fake. I have seen many horses and cattle get cut up and skinned over the years by all sorts of sharp objects that shouldn't have been there. Ive seen a few cattle found in fields by swathers and combines and I have never seen such clean edges on an injury. In my experience there should be a skin flap hanging somewhere but Ive been wrong before.

JJ8277

FNG
Looks like something from The Walking Dead! I don't doubt that its real, but I would definitely like to know the whole story on how it happened. I couldn't imagine living through that kind of injury. Deer are tough critters!