can two people fit in the Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum?

sk1

WKR
i've considered this shelter for awhile now.......I am wondering if you can fit two people in it with 20" wide sleeping pads? the bottom of the tent angles down to 42" wide and 52" at the top. anyone have experience trying to make it work or do things get wet from pushing up against the side of the tent?

first hand thoughts anyone? thanks

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Tent/FlyCreek2Platinum

I have the 3 version of this. I think it will work if both of you have a 20" wide sleeping mat....its gonna be real tight.

Ozz08

WKR
My 4 yr old son and I got in one at rei a couple months ago and we fit. When we got out he said "daddy, don't buy that tent."
"Why" I asked
"Because you were just too close to me!"

If my wife and I were to use it we would eve be too close for comfort!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sk1, I say now way in the Platinum 2. It is a one person tent with room for some gear.

I posted a bunch of pics on RokSlide of it back in August, including the inside with my pad and bag in it.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Yeah I'll have to look for that post, haven't seen the tent in person but sounded tight by measurements. I just wanted to double check because I like the weight!

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
thanks rosin, yeah looks like a perfect one man tent, makes me wonder if that BA Slater UL 2 is even big enough for two, but definitely closer than the flycreek!

blb078

WKR
Better off w/the Flycreek UL3, it's 11oz more than than the 2 man slater but you'll have enough room for two people and your gear, split between two people it's less than 2lbs each. I almost bought the UL 3 but went with the UL2 since the only person that I'd share with is my girlfriend. And with the UL3 if you're every by yourself and want to do the fast fly option you're at less thant 2.5 lbs for a fairly decent size shelter.

Last edited:
OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Yeah but at that weight might as well use the megatarp and have a palace for half the weight....I just saw the weight of the platinum flycreek and was impressed, still looks like an awesome one man setup.

I may just end up with a megatarp time will tell

This tent is on my upgrade list to upgrade from my Outdoor Research Alpine Bivy. I thought I might be able to fit another person in the Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum, but it looks like it could get cramped pretty quick. My wife is very, very petite and at 4' 10" tall and I think it might work for me and her but it does not look like all that much extra space.

swat8888

WKR
We've used the MH sky ledge 2.1. It's dimensions are even smaller at 50 & 41".....it's a tight fit, but doable for two average sized guys. 5'10"/185lbs

slim9300

WKR
My 4 yr old son and I got in one at rei a couple months ago and we fit. When we got out he said "daddy, don't buy that tent."
"Why" I asked
"Because you were just too close to me!"

If my wife and I were to use it we would eve be too close for comfort!

This made me laugh really hard. :)