Can you all recommend a fishing face mask for sun protection?

Simms

Maybe ask yourself why other people wearing sun protection bothers you. Wear what you want, don't worry about others. Not to mention you live in Idaho. Go fish the flats in the bahamas or pole around in FL for a year and skip the sun protection and tell us what your doctor says.

Yep, I live in Southwest FL......its 91 degrees outside right now, the sun is on full blast, and when I head 60 miles offshore for the day I am rarely under the shade of my T-top. It's got nothing to do with looks. Would hate to see a mountain badass come down here for even a couple of days without respecting the sun......it wouldn't be pretty.

OP
B

boom

WKR
Doesn't bother me, do whatever you want, sorry I called out your fishing outfit. My point was it has become a who can have the coolest sun protection kit thing at this point, not a I am trying to prevent skin cancer thing. If your not holding a fish out at arms length, while wearing a buff, baklava, hood, wide brim and pit vipers, then why are you even fishing.

Fished in FL two different times for Reds, Snook, Trout, etc. I wore the same stuff I do on the rivers in ID.

hahha..that arm length fish photo thing has got to stop. :) my friend does it. he even hides his giant fingers..

i prefer to use my big face as a size reference. all good points, bud.

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
I’m no pro with long term sun exposure but after 9 years here in Australia and an average of 500+ hours a year on my outboard I still only wear zinc. I would melt if I had to wear a facemask. I do wear light, long pants, often a long sleeve fishing shirt, a hat and zinc on my face and hands. The UV is extreme every day here during the summer, gets to a very high in the winter and between my Bimini and current controls I’m not to worried about skin cancer.

agtex42

FNG
I use buff gloves and a neck gaiter, seems like they have some different UPF ratings for their headgear though as my latest purchase is noticeably thinner than my previous one. I think skin cancer is an inevitability for me given my genetic history, trying to head it off the beat I can!