Can you identify this muzzleloader?

hobbes

WKR
So, with my dad's passing a few weeks ago, I've ended up with some of his guns. Some are modern guns, a few are muzzleloaders.

I'm not at home to look at it closer, but I'm not completely sure about the shotgun. The sidelock percussion rifle is a TC Renegade 50 cal, The inline is a Knight MK-85 50 cal. I have written down that the shotgun is a Thompson Center also but I can find any info or photos of TC sidelock shotguns in camo. Any search that I do keeps turning up the modern Encore. Anyone know for certain what model TC this one is and when it was made?

I've got photos of deer that he killed with both rifles and I know he killed at least one turkey with a double barrel muzzleloader shotgun that he got rid of some time ago ( I have the photos). I think he killed at least one turkey with this shotgun. Regardless, I'll be killing a turkey with it next spring and probably hunting with both of the rifles in the near future.

muzzleloader long guns.jpg

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
I've learned that it's a Thompson Center New Englander with screw in choke tube. I just can't find a photo of another one in Mossy Oak camo. It's not rare or anything. I just think it probably wasn't popular enough that there are photos posted everywhere. I'll set up a load for turkey hunting and give it a workout next spring.

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
It does look like a Tree Hawk but I think those were .50 Cal and not 12 ga smooth bore
I believe they came in both, might have even been able to swap barrels between them.

I had a Tree Hawk in .50 cal, wish I hadn't parted with it. I never saw one in 12 gauge, but could swear I've heard of them.

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
I bet that's it because I can't find a photo of a new Englander in camo anywhere.

Thanks for the info. You'd think the model would be stamped on it but I've not seen it if it is.
IMG_20211101_220935945.jpg

IMG_20211101_220921669.jpg
Dad must not have been able to see the bead because he painted it white and painted a center stripe for a rear sight. :)
IMG_20211101_220948178.jpg

Choke tube
IMG_20211101_221014999_BURST000_COVER.jpg