Can you outrun a bear?

For those that think they might be able to outrun a bear, you better think again. In 2019, my cousin and I were lucky enough to capture this event on camera during our caribou hunt. It happened right next to our camp.
When I was younger, I hunted with a friend that felt he could outrun a bear by running down hill. I usually would just sit back, listen and say, "uh huh..." I've read books about how Native Americans would work together and run down antelope but never read anything about our ancestors running away from bears, only being mauled or killed. Such an interesting concept. Enjoy the video

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
Wow that's impressive. How far away was the bear when it first started to run towards the caribou? It must have been able to tell the caribou was injured from that far away.

PB123

FNG
For those that think they might be able to outrun a bear, you better think again. In 2019, my cousin and I were lucky enough to capture this event on camera during our caribou hunt. It happened right next to our camp.
When I was younger, I hunted with a friend that felt he could outrun a bear by running down hill. I usually would just sit back, listen and say, "uh huh..." I've read books about how Native Americans would work together and run down antelope but never read anything about our ancestors running away from bears, only being mauled or killed. Such an interesting concept. Enjoy the video
Awesome video, thanks for sharing.

Elk97

WKR
Great video! Thanks for posting. I never figured their eyesight was that great, but it sure was zoomed in on that caribou from a long distance. Their strength is hard to comprehend, and too easy to underestimate!

OP
BigHunterification
I think I have seen this. Did you post it previously?
I posted my Caribou hunt video in the "Caribou" forum which included about a 20 second segment of this video in it. Otherwise, I have shared it with friends/family who may have passed it on.

That’s one big locomotive that never ran out of steam. Would have never thought it had such endurance for such a massive animal. How far do you think he was at “full tilt” before bringing it down?