can you stand anothr binocular harness thread???

I have read multiple threads here on Rokslide and others elsewhere. Here is the list of those still under consideration:
  • FHF
  • AGC Kodiak KISS
  • KUIU
  • BinoBro
  • Cabelas Teck-Lite
  • Rick Young Outdoors (RYO) ultralight
The AGC, FHF and KUIU are obviously first quality, and seem to be beloved by many. Here are the criteria or features I am looking for:

1. I want the cover to quietly open forward (like KUIU, BinoBro, and Cabelas Teck-lite.)
  2. I like almost everything about the KUIU except that you must attach your binos to the top strap. I don't like having to be locked in to the harness. (I suppose a QD arrangement could mitigate this to some degree.)
  3. I want quick, quiet, easy, one handed access and return to case
  4. I want a minimum of thickness (dimension from chest outward), and a minimum of weight and bulk.
  5. It must work well while wearing a backpack, (either day pack or full backpack.)

Thoughts, suggestions, experiences or challenges to my basic criteria or assumptions are welcome. Thanks.

r7s

I am going to go out on a limb and state that you will likely go through a few binoculars harnesses once you have tried them yourself. Most of us do go through this. We learn by actually using the harness and once we get a good fit (like boots let's say) then we stick with it. You will realize things about your decision after you have used it in the field. The binoculars harness is based on personal preference and each person is different. You may think you like something until you try and learn that you do not, and vice versa.

Good luck!!

You might take a look at the ADAK harness, I switched from an AGC this year, and have no regrets, I really like the ADAK. Only thing I don't like about it is the ugly logo.

I think it fits the bill for everything you said you were looking for in a harness. There are some good videos on you tube going over the features. They usually sell for $150, but if you keep your eyes on camofire they will run them for $100 occasionally.

BluMtn

WKR
Well this is kind of an old new thread, so I will throw this in. I have been using the S4 since they first came out and really like how it works with how I carry my binos. I had a badlands before that and I thought it was to bulky for what I wanted so I went to the S4. Looking around at what is available, if I was to buy a new harness I believe I would lean real hard at the KUIU pro. I was not impressed with the old KUIU because once you pulled your binos out you let the top half of the bag go allowing it to droop.

Right now im just using the strap that came with the 12x50 meos, over the shoulder and under the arm. It works but Im thinking a harness would allow me to also store my other little accessories with me instead of jamming my pockets.