Can you use the half nest in a Seek Outside cimarron light and still fit the stove?

Mosski

FNG
Hey, so my question is will you be able to fit the stove in the tipi without it being too close to the bug netting or bathtub floor? I know on the original cimarron, they put the stove jack on the sides of the tent but in the light version, they move the jack to the rear opposite the entry door, therefore, limiting the distance from the nest. Please let me know if you have any experience with this.

tdot

WKR
Since no one with practical experience has chimed in yet, I asked Seek about this a couple of years ago with the DCF Cimarron. They said it wasn't a good idea. I believe the DCF version has the Chimney at the back of the tent, which is what was going to cause the problem.

Maybe call them to ask, they may have changed their opinion on that, or have a work-around.

TygerJ

FNG
Receive word back from Seek on running the light with a stove and half best?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
In pictures, the stove jack on the light is in the back, so I'm going to say no.

I have a Redcliff (2 door version) and the half nest and stove work well. However, if you moved the stove jack to be in front of a door (i.e. in the back if you only had one door) it would not work well even in the larger Redcliff.

So, while I don't have a definitive answer for you, I would put $20 on my SWAG. Could be false confidence though.

@Kevin_t would have the real answer.

Edited to get the correct Kevin T.