Canada 2021

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
What is the consensus on being able to hunt in Canada in the new year, as early as the spring for bears? Has anyone already had to bump hunts or heard from outfitters wether or not they are continuing as normal?

I am following the trends of US and global surges as well as the news that vaccines are "coming," but at what point could the border open to the north?

I’m betting it’s at least mid-summer before border opens. 🤞🏻 fingers crossed it’s sooner. I hope for many of the outfitters sake, they can do spring Bear this year. It’s going to crush them as it is.

Jan 1st 2022 is my prediction
I agree with this. The PM has proven his ignorance already and it has continued with his lack of interest in any current vaccinations that are available. Until Canada develops one of their own, or it has been a year down the road of other countries using and having success with the ones being used I do not envision an opening before 2022. I definitely would not look to book a hunt for 2021, that’s for sure.

Hoot

WKR
I sure hope I can go to Sask in the fall for a waterfowl hunt, I was unable to go this year, and I was hoping to maybe go this spring for white geese, but it doesn't look promising...

WCB

WKR
Hopefully by next Sept....Already pushed my archery moose hunt 1 year. To me it seems like the Canadian Govt cares about their citizens livelihoods about the same as most of our Dem governors....

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Seems perfectly reasonable.

Of course, the American outfitters won't be able to hire American guides to guide American clients to Canadian sheep though. They'll have to come shoot Alaskan sheep instead.

I’m guessing most of the registered and licensed guides in Alaska are already more or less booked up and I could be wrong (I have nothing to do with the guiding side of things here), I don’t think random “guides” can just show up here and guide clients. There’s some sort of a process.

WhoCares

FNG
I'm hoping by Spring ice out for lake trout and summer walleye and trout, but...not holding my breath. Sure missed my trips this year, but nothing compared to the camp and outfitter hardships with the closed border.

Jimbob

WKR
I think it will really depend on vaccine distribution

Right now we can’t play volleyball against the school a few blocks away so the idea of an open border seems pretty far off.

I think spring is a ver low chance, maybe summer and 50/50 it opens for the fall season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it will really depend on vaccine distribution

Right now we can’t play volleyball against the school a few blocks away so the idea of an open border seems pretty far off.

I think spring is a ver low chance, maybe summer and 50/50 it opens for the fall season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's a lot of people hanging their hats on very volatile, unstable, unproven early vaccines. I'm NOT an anti-vaxxer but I'm not signing up for a vaccine that was developed in a few months. All the science says . . meh . . probably not. I think I'll wait for the next go-round when there is actually time to prove the efficacy of the vaccine.

Regarding the question, I'm personally not counting on anything being the least bit different through 2021.

gearguywb

WKR
There's a lot of people hanging their hats on very volatile, unstable, unproven early vaccines. I'm NOT an anti-vaxxer but I'm not signing up for a vaccine that was developed in a few months. All the science says . . meh . . probably not. I think I'll wait for the next go-round when there is actually time to prove the efficacy of the vaccine.

Regarding the question, I'm personally not counting on anything being the least bit different through 2021.

Thanks Mr. ray of sunshine! :)

Thanks Mr. ray of sunshine! :)
LOL! Sorry . . I know there is a lot of hope and excitement around them but that defies history and what science says. I hope the scientists are wrong and these quickly-made vaccines can prove reliable. Time will tell.