Canada and covid

I have a hunt booked for moose in Manitoba last week of September to first week of October. I’m curious to see if Canada opens its borders. In talking to several different Canadian outfitters this last week it seems they are 50-50. It doesn’t seem good.

Saleen422

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like allot of outfitters in Canada are advertising hunts for this year, May end up being a vaccine proof to cross the border

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Saleen. I have a hunt booked as well and that seems like the story I'm hearing. I do think you will have to be vaccinated to get across, everything is headed that way now. You will also have to be vaccinated to fly in this country as well.

OP
B
Another forum I’m on seems like most members were going to get the vaccine. I’m a healthcare care worker with the elderly so I’m actually first in line. I have coworkers that already have both.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Being an Outfitter in Alberta I can absolutely assure you on our end we want the borders open. ASAP.
I think some of the others that have mentioned a vaccine proof required for entry is bang on.
Im not sold on the vaccine either, but I think im SOL. Im guessing my government will make me have the vaccine as well as clients in order to operate this year.

Cmb213

FNG
I have a moose hunt booked in Newfoundland for mid September. Heard from the outfitter a week or so ago and they were optimistic that this season would be happening.

tntrker

WKR
I won't get the vaccine unless it's required to fly/cross the border. I have a hunt booked 1st week of Oct...I think it's still 50/50 it'll happen...

Trial153

WKR
Vaccine proof for boarder crossing, sign me up...all done. GTG ...goat hunt in BC is September

I just watched canadas first tryrant give a speech. I hope i am wrong, but the USA\Canadian border will not be open anytime soon. Heck Canadians with negative test have to isolate at their expense for 3 days based on what Trudeau just announced when entering the country. He is getting airlines to suspend travel to sun locations.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
My Canadian friends are leaving the country. Don’t blame them.

I do not trust a rushed vaccine. Had Covid, no big deal for me. I know it is for some people. Glad those people have a vaccine to try, and I do hope it works for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar situation in Scandinavia. Everything cancelled. No hunting for deer and no moose to be found where Im at.