Canada and covid

Agross

WKR
I’m personally not opposed to taking vaccines and I’ve had several, as have my kids. With this one my issues are how rushed it was, that the manufactures all got waivers of liability, that the very studies showing the great efficacy of the vaccine also showed how rare it is to have serious complications from Covid, and, lastly, that I’m a traditional Catholic and the P, M, and J&J vaccines were all developed using aborted fetal cell lines.
I respect that others can make decisions for themselves about it, but I don’t like that this opinion doesn’t seem to flow both ways. Everyone I know who isn’t getting it says it’s up to the individual so do what you think is best. Everyone I know who is getting it keeps telling me it’s up to the government and we need to do what the government says is best. The government that is opening our southern border for untested immigrants yet supposedly cares about stopping the spread of covid. The government that says voter ID is somehow impossible and racist but says a vaccine passport isn’t. I hope that those of us who love freedom will stand up and let our feelings be known to our representatives or next year we will be a little further down this slippery slope, until we are too deep to climb back out.
Wish I could like this 100 times

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
No I didn't, you suck at reading comprehension..

If you want to get vaccinated, do it..

Don't request my freedoms be held hostage because of your fears.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I guess you're right, I must suck at reading comprehension. Thanks for clarifying that you didn't mean to equivocate vaccinations with pretexts for genocide.

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates on traveling to Canada from the US? I’ve already been vaccinated and would like to drive through the border in September if possible? Any predictions, anyone hearing anything? Thanks

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates on traveling to Canada from the US? I’ve already been vaccinated and would like to drive through the border in September if possible? Any predictions, anyone hearing anything? Thanks
Currently there hasn't been much movement by the Feds. Between their mishandling of vaccine procurement and a number of variants spreading across the country that slipped past our "border controls," I don't know if I can see them opening the border until our vaccine distribution numbers get a lot higher. I've heard that one outfitter up here has already rolled American guests into either 2022 or 2023 and is planning on another year of Canadian hunters as a stop-gap.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Currently there hasn't been much movement by the Feds. Between their mishandling of vaccine procurement and a number of variants spreading across the country that slipped past our "border controls," I don't know if I can see them opening the border until our vaccine distribution numbers get a lot higher. I've heard that one outfitter up here has already rolled American guests into either 2022 or 2023 and is planning on another year of Canadian hunters as a stop-gap.

The bear hunt I had scheduled in Alberta last year was has now been pushed to 2022. I held out hopes of it opening, but my outfitter said it is just not going to happen this year.

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the update.... not looking good I guess

bmrfish

WKR
The bear hunt I had scheduled in Alberta last year was has now been pushed to 2022. I held out hopes of it opening, but my outfitter said it is just not going to happen this year.

Same for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bjorn16

FNG
Being an Outfitter in Alberta I can absolutely assure you on our end we want the borders open. ASAP.
I think some of the others that have mentioned a vaccine proof required for entry is bang on.
Im not sold on the vaccine either, but I think im SOL. Im guessing my government will make me have the vaccine as well as clients in order to operate this year.
Hopefully they will allow a positive antibody test for those who have already had COVID and can prove immunity but who knows.

Man I feel bad for the guides/outfitters in Canada - can't imagine their customer base being cut like that. Not good. On the flip side, think how large those critters are getting with another two years of age on them! ha

Cmb213

FNG
Heard back from my outfitter about my scheduled Newfoundland moose hunt in September. He seemed positive about the border being open by then and Canada's vaccine program rollout. I take it all with a grain of salt, just passing along what I've heard.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
Here in BC as of this Friday our provincial govt will be enacting the emergency act and restricting non essential travel for BC residents until the end of the May long weekend. They are telling people they need to remain in there home health regions. Checkpoints will be set up at ferries and on major routes to conduct spot checks and we are being told people will be turned around and sent home and or fined. Provincial parks, campgrounds and hotels are being told to cancel reservations and return deposits for all out of area clients.

Our restrictions are getting worse for residents so I don't see it getting better for non residents any time soon.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I hauled ass to get vaccine with hopes it would help me get back into Canada to go hunting...

rwbowser

FNG
We haven’t heard a word from our Newfoundland lodge. Several emails unanswered. We had a moose/caribou hunt for 2020 that got pushed to 2021 but now it sounds like it’ll happen somewhere between 2022 and never. Really depressing to think that when the border eventually opens they will likely require proof of vaccination, but more depressed to see how many men in the various hunting forums are all but bragging about how they love their hobby more than they love their freedom.

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
I hope you get to go on your Newfoundland hunt this year. But I do not like the way you addressed the vaccine issue. For me, I love my family and friends so much that I would do anything to protect them. If getting to go more places because i received the vaccine, that is a bonus. I still have my freedom, and so do you.

rwbowser

FNG
I hope you get to go on your Newfoundland hunt this year. But I do not like the way you addressed the vaccine issue. For me, I love my family and friends so much that I would do anything to protect them. If getting to go more places because i received the vaccine, that is a bonus. I still have my freedom, and so do you.
I agree that we as husbands and fathers would of course do anything to protect our families. But the vaccine for covid doesn’t appear to stop you from getting or spreading it, thus Fauci saying masks and distancing are still required for vaccinated folks; it only lessens the symptoms, and does seem to do a good job of that. My kids are all under 10. My wife is 35. We are all in great health and my wife and I already had covid in January 2020. Our statistical risk from this particular corona virus is lower than our risk from the flu and roughly equal to our chances of adverse reactions to the vaccine. For my parents, the numbers are different. They should do what makes sense for them. We should all be able to make up our own mind about what injections we put in our bodies. When government or business begins to force compliance to their will for what should be the most personal of choices, that should be chilling for all of us, whether we want the vaccine or not.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
Man I feel bad for the guides/outfitters in Canada - can't imagine their customer base being cut like that. Not good. On the flip side, think how large those critters are getting with another two years of age on them! ha
Its been tough. But I think your bang on in thinking the hunting will be great when it does open. Any outfitters that operate in fly in areas with no resident pressure will be killing some great animals.
I know our 3300 square mile fly in moose area wont have seen a single hunter for two years if the border doesnt open this year. We are a small outfit only taking 12 hunters a year, but thats 18+ extra moose that havnt been taken out of that area.