Canada - August 9th

I crossed a few weeks ago, it's a shit show up here. Think the US 6 months ago, specifically California. I’m glad it’s going to open, but you are going to see a side of Canada never seen years prior. Liberal doesn’t begin to describe what I’m seeing.

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
I crossed a few weeks ago, it's a shit show up here. Think the US 6 months ago, specifically California. I’m glad it’s going to open, but you are going to see a side of Canada never seen years prior. Liberal doesn’t begin to describe what I’m seeing.
unsure of where you are talking about, because where i live things are very normal, alberta and b.c you dont need to wear masks anymore.

maxp

FNG
I can see Vancouver being crazy but here in alberta we have no restrictions at all and I would say things are normal again here...

Jake T

FNG
Liberal…conservative…I don’t care. All I know is I’m going goat hunting in T minus 30 days!

KBC

WKR
I'm in the Fraser Valley and work still has a mask policy. I haven't been wearing one though. Lots of people still wearing them even though you don't have to. Lots of weird people wearing them while outside walking by themselves...Open this b!tch up!

lab-roamer

Lil-Rokslider
How will the Canadian Gov. know if you have been vaccinated? Is this the start of the vaccination Passport?

Reactions: KBC

KBC

WKR
Yep. Show me your papers…If you guys could go ahead and vote in someone cool and come liberate us from our communist masters that would be great…

wyosteve

WKR
A quick run down on the details. Requirements—. 1) fully vaccinated. 2) must have proof of negative COVID molecular test taken within 72 hours of arrival at border crossing. 3) not later than 14 days before crossing must upload vaccination card to Canadian government website/app and must have original vaccinated card with you 4). Canada will do random testing of those seeking entry at border crossing!

KBC

WKR
I just read the Canadian border guards are about to vote on going on strike. They will be legislated back to work since they are considered an essential service but it will be at reduced rates so wait times will be huge to cross into Canada.
What do you expect when you campaign on rebuilding a relationship with the public sector and law enforcement and then let them float along without a contract for 3 years while they ask to be paid the same as the rest of the law enforcement officers? Stupid Lieberal party of Canada…

CoStick

WKR
How will the Canadian Gov. know if you have been vaccinated? Is this the start of the vaccination Passport?
You need to provide your vaccination information as step one a few days or so prior to crossing date. They have a system and lot #’s of vaccine doses and dates are well tracked, the penalty is steep if you get caught with fraud, stated 750k or 6 months in jail or both.

lab-roamer

Lil-Rokslider
Well that sucks. Looks like my money will being staying in the lower 48. Hopefully I'll still be able to fly to Alaska.

Spike elk

WKR
Well, it looks like Canada is actually reopening the border sooner than the US.

Interesting how the Covid science differs from the north border to the south border for the US. Good luck to all of those who have a hunt in Canada this fall.

Just waiting to head south at this point... Ontario has probably been one of the most closed-off places out there lol