Canada Bear Hunt 2021

I have a bear hunt planned for June of this year up in Saskatchewan. I know the border is closed now, but there are talks of it opening soon. My fear is Canada will require a 14 day quarantine when I cross the border. I know most everyone will be guessing at this point, but I am looking for thoughts on when or if the border will open. I'm getting to a point where I would need to think about a state side bear hunt.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I would agree with the border being closed for awhile longer. You can fly but as you have mentioned quarantining will be mandatory probably. I foresee this going until sometime mid-summer maybe longer. So much for going to TAC again this year :(

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I have a hunt in early September in Alberta and one in late September in BC I'm pretty worried about.

Not to be a bearer of bad news, but I'd be really worried about June. I just don't think it's going to happen, Canada appears to be lagging behind in vaccinations (not that we are doing that great down here) and I don't think that bodes well for the border opening anytime soon.

I sure as hell hope I'm wrong for both our sakes.

tdot

WKR
We are having a hard time obtaining vaccinations. We are supposed to receive them from the European manufacturing plants. Only problem is that the EU is delaying the export permits. Our good buddies to the South wont sell them to us either.

I wouldn't personally bet on the borders being opened anytime soon. It'll be even longer before they open without quarantine requirements. The chatter I've heard from the medical field is that the quarantine requirements will stay in place even with the vaccinations for quite sometime.

OP
S
I understand your frustration with the vaccines and the position Canada is in. Unfortunately, even if the US was willing to sell some, there just isn't any available. I think it will be a very long time before we start talking about a surplus of vaccines any where.

I was finally able to get my Sask Outfitter to respond to my emails. The best solution we can come up with is moving my hunt back to next year, which is what I will do. I did get another hunt booked n Montana.