Canada Border and Fall Hunts

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
So it looks like there is going to be another extension of the border closure. Sheep season for a lot of guys is looking grim. Anyone have any insight to September? Canadian Polls seem to point towards favoring an opening in Sep if it’s going to happen this season. It just seems like they have intended all along to keep it closed long term. I wish at least we could have a plan to reopen or they just be transparent about a long term closure so we can all move on. Shit my outfitter has to mobilize his entire operation just to be ready for us in the fall. If it ends up not happening that’s a lot of money the government has let one of their own citizens waste in a very trying economic time.

KBC

WKR
Not sure when it will open. I heard immediate family can now cross but a full open border probably won’t happen any time soon. As far as the guides money the Canadian government is wasting, they don’t care. It’s a drop in the bucket compared to the cash they are pumping out right now.

KBC

WKR
Also, the guide probably owns guns so the liberals know they aren’t losing a vote either way. They never had his vote to begin with.

Jimbob

WKR
The BC government can’t tell us if school will be back in September. We have to plan for a couple different scenarios and we’ll find out late august what’s going to happen. I’m a teacher.

The provincial governments are highly in favour of keeping the border closed.

If canadian residents still have restrictions in the fall I can’t see the the border opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
Canadians are allowed to go into America though. We can’t drive but we can fly. When we get back we have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Weird loop hole that only works one way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I have some american buddies meeting me on a Yukon hunt. And I'm starting to think this won't happen. The spikes in Florida, Texas and Cali are really not going to help our case. They all thought rioting was smarter.

Currently they opened up to immediate family. And you have to stay a minimum of 15 days, the point is because you need to quarantine for 14 days prior to doing anything in Canada. So I highly doubt they will just open it cold turkey the next month. Especially with the spikes now. Personally if I was american I would start looking at rescheduling for next year.

OP
Hookhunter75

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Ya I have some american buddies meeting me on a Yukon hunt. And I'm starting to think this won't happen. The spikes in Florida, Texas and Cali are really not going to help our case. They all thought rioting was smarter.

Currently they opened up to immediate family. And you have to stay a minimum of 15 days, the point is because you need to quarantine for 14 days prior to doing anything in Canada. So I highly doubt they will just open it cold turkey the next month. Especially with the spikes now. Personally if I was american I would start looking at rescheduling for next year.

Honestly I would love to start looking to reschedule or come up with a final plan. The unfortunate part is we are being strung out at 30 days at a time. I will not have the ability to reschedule until very last minute. Literally a week before I’m supposed to leave. Also coming up with a plan b is a pain in the ass too because I have a few options but again can’t make those plans till last minute and who knows if they will still be available.